website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

35 minutes ago, MHSN said:

It was a terrible mistake. the center referee asked to remove 2pts from Russia but instead they removed 2pts from Jordan !!! and nobody noticed it :facepalm:

it should be 10-6 but they made it 8-8.

they should never changed their name from WTF to something else. that was a well deserved name

They're going to have a rerun of the second round onwards :lol:

Brilliant from McGowan, she's one to watch for the future. Disappointing from Williams and Nour, who should've gone 1 or 2 rounds further. Didn't see Lauren's L16 match, but Nour should've won his L32 match and only lost it in the last 10 seconds of the 2nd round. Regardless of this, Williams still looks primed for the EU quota along with the Spaniard and Nour is still a strong contender for the 2 in his category.  

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Brilliant from McGowan, she's one to watch for the future. Disappointing from Williams and Nour, who should've gone 1 or 2 rounds further. Didn't see Lauren's L16 match, but Nour should've won his L32 match and only lost it in the last 10 seconds of the 2nd round. Regardless of this, Williams still looks primed for the EU quota along with the Spaniard and Nour is still a strong contender for the 2 in his category.  

I was under the impression that you could only be eligible for the continental qualification if you had less than 2 athletes qualified through the world rankings pathway. Given :GBR are likely to qualify with Jade Jones and Bianca Cook, I don't think we would be able to enter any women into the continental qualifying although we would be able to enter the men's tournament.

11 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I was under the impression that you could only be eligible for the continental qualification if you had less than 2 athletes qualified through the world rankings pathway. Given :GBR are likely to qualify with Jade Jones and Bianca Cook, I don't think we would be able to enter any women into the continental qualifying although we would be able to enter the men's tournament.

I did see this and read it as if you qualify 2 athletes in the same weight category you can't enter the qualifier for that weight category, but I believe you've read it right. Williams is still in a very favourable position in the rankings to get in there, so the only person it really affect is Maddison Moore. 

WT ordered the JOR-RUS semifinal to be replayed for the mistake I mentioned earlier. they postponed the 58kg final but after a lot of behind the scene talks they cancelled the plan and the Russian went to the final (and lost to KOR) looks like they couldn't "convince" Gurtsiev to go back and re-fight the semifinal. 

what a circus and that was the world championship semifinal :facepalm:the Jordanian guy clearly got robbed. 

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

WT ordered the JOR-RUS semifinal to be replayed for the mistake I mentioned earlier. they postponed the 58kg final but after a lot of behind the scene talks they cancelled the plan and the Russian went to the final (and lost to KOR) looks like they couldn't "convince" Gurtsiev to go back and re-fight the semifinal. 

what a circus and that was the world championship semifinal :facepalm:the Jordanian guy clearly got robbed. 

As if there wasn't enough controversy regarding the participation of Russian, this'll get people riled up and add more fuel to the fire (it will be taken out of proportion).  At the end of the day if Gurtsiev didn't wanna fight then it should've been handed to the Jordan fella.   

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Completely Forgot to mention the mighty team :SVK :cheer:

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Men:

Miroslav Frgolec -68kg

Women:

Gabriela Briškárová -53kg

-------------------------------------------------------------

Frgolec already competed yesterday.

1st Round:

Frgolec - Konstantinos Chamalidis :GRE  0-2

:p

Still Gabriela (our sole TKD this year European Games participant) to start, her class will be competed on sunday 4th.

Do not expect anything obviously, just competing in this sport with less than zero medialisation or public attention in the country is already something noteworthy