website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

economy

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

2) Jammu and Kashmir is very far from Ahmedabad. The number of terrorist incidents in J&K are at an all-time low. And with the Pakistani economy in doldrums, there is reason to believe that we should not see an uptick in the violence. 

Gujarat does still borders Pakistan 😆

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

But if it's not possible, i would like to see them in Africa. :RSA would be the best choice.

I would absolutely like that as well, because sports atmosphere in Africa is usually insanely awesome (especially when it's in the middle, so not in the far north or south of the continent). However, 2036 might be too early, considering every single time there's a big event in Africa, there's still all kinds of organization problems, hosts suddenly deciding to not host after all and all kinds of other hosting-related problems...

Let's first see a more or less flawless Africa Games and such :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 8 months later...
56 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Yes.

I could certainly live with a Poland Games - would represent a coming of age for what is a rather large European country (just shy of 40 million odd citizens puts it well into the Spain category and only marginally smaller than UK, France, Italy) - and, from personal experience, I think the world would be stunned at how beautiful parts of it are - a great way to introduce itself to the world, in a way.

Good luck (though if India bid, you might need it!)

On 12/31/2022 at 12:52 PM, heywoodu said:

I would absolutely like that as well, because sports atmosphere in Africa is usually insanely awesome (especially when it's in the middle, so not in the far north or south of the continent). However, 2036 might be too early, considering every single time there's a big event in Africa, there's still all kinds of organization problems, hosts suddenly deciding to not host after all and all kinds of other hosting-related problems...

Let's first see a more or less flawless Africa Games and such :p 

It's odd, in a way, that the Commies, which would be a perfect trial run style event to show the IOC it can do this stuff, is kind of dying, when both South Africa and India could really do with that chance to show its stuff for future Olympics consideration (as Manchester CWG definitely helped UK fix its rather bad reputation back in the day).

2 hours ago, rybak said:

It was announced today by our president and ministry of sport that Poland will bid for Olympics in 2036 :jawdrop:

I wonder if its real or just pre-election fake wishes.

I think it is doable but i thought more before i attended European Games this year. And from my point of view, it was disaster, mainly nearly 0 fans :-( but sure, in Olympic games in Europe, there will be fight for tickets.

but still, it will be in India. Unfortunately :-(

Edited by stepansevs