website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Really proud of this Canadian team, I don’t think they could have done much more.

First time since 2008 that Canada will send a men’s team, and first time since 2004 that :CAN will send a full team.

And they are already qualified for the team final. :thumbup:

After Sub-Division 5, there's no change in the top 3 - :JPN:USA & :GBR

:CAN best result from the teams competing this morning - taking 4th place with score of 249.26. That's about 7 points higher than their 2022 score and 8 points higher than their 2022 Commonwealth Games score. This books their place in the team final and gives them a team quota for Paris.

:SUI started well but had relatively poor pommel and rings scores. They are currently in 6th place with score of 248.192. That's enough to take them to the Olympics and will probably be enough to get the to the team final. 

:COL and :EGY acquitted themselves well but ultimately couldn't keep up with the pace of the other teams. 

5 minutes ago, CCB said:

:ITA:KOR:FRA will qualify from the last subdivision and :NED will end on the 13th place. Big disappointment for them, but there was nothing more in it. That means only 1 Dutch male gymnast (Casimir Schmidt) will make it to Paris. 

you see France qualified? serious ? you have hope! I don't believe it at all

As we move into the final subdivision, :BRA are currently in the hot seat from Olympic quota perspective so their score of 245.295 becomes the benchmark to secure the 9th quota.

Competing in SD6 are :ITA :KOR :FRA and :HUN

Personally, I would be very surprised if :ITA don't qualify with room to spare - in fact would be surprised if they failed to make the team final. Assuming they do then the new benchmark would become :UKR on 245.461. 

:KOR scored 244.093 points in qualifying in 2022 so it could go either way for them but they should be able to do it.

I am rooting for :FRA to qualify - if only because I have been working on assumption that they are already qualified as host :d. To do that they are going to need a score north of 246.028. That is 6 points higher than they scored in 2022 World Champs but only 3 points higher than they scored at this year's Europeans so it is definitely achievable. 

If that was the case, then I think that :KAZ Milad Karimi, :ISR Artem Dolgopyat and :UKR Illia Kovtun would currently qualify as the individual all around athletes under Criteria 3 of qualification pathway. 

13 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Will we know the individual qualifiers (olympic games) and the approved qualifiers today?

3 individual all-around quotas should be known today - from the best teams that didn't secure team quota. 

On checking - the quotas under criteria 4 will also be known today - 8 men and 14 women for individual all around based on their qualifying scores.

Edited by Rafa Maciel