website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Today ended an incredible across all-sports World championship medal streak which started in 2009...

A dumb hit at the upper part of the track, when a strong wind blew Matej Beňuš a bit strongly than he expected and pushed him to slightly touch the gate... 2 seconds penalty.. which at the end costed us the medal and the end of this epic streak...:(

I do not know what is going on this year, what did we to the gods... but this 2023 year is just Cruel, complete neverending frustration and disappointement...

After losing the Cortina 2026 direct Ice Hockey Quota at the very end thanks absolute non-sportsmanship from :SUI , for the first time since the independence of the country we failed to qualify in Canoe Sprint, including our national flagship and eternal medal hope, 4 time out of the last 5 Olympics medalist, the K4 missing the Games for the first time since 1996... Our naturalized wrestler who last 5 years collecting European and World medals left and right failing to qualify to the games again (where he would be basically our biggest and maybe sole medal chance of the Paris 2024)... came today this sorowfull end of a streak and an era... because of weather :cry:

image.png

image.png

image.png

and now 2023...

2 most painfull penalty seconds in our history probably since the Athens 2004 delayed phantom hit of Martikán :(

image.png

12 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Don’t know yet, but certainly SF & F.

Just checking again. Friday & Sunday’s It’s a Knockout! Races are live on the BBC Red Button Channel & obviously streaming as well.  Saturday there is football, rugby etc, so will be streaming only.  But plenty of coverage.

11 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Just checking again. Friday & Sunday’s It’s a Knockout! Races are live on the BBC Red Button Channel & obviously streaming as well.  Saturday there is football, rugby etc, so will be streaming only.  But plenty of coverage.

At least you can watch this on streaming. I don't find anything in Romania about this championship:facepalm: I see only football everyday:spank:

2 hours ago, vlad said:

At least you can watch this on streaming. I don't find anything in Romania about this championship:facepalm: I see only football everyday:spank:

Don't know if this is any use, Vlad.

https://www.canoeicf.com/canoe-slalom-world-championships/lee-valley-2023/live-replays

W C1 Heats 1st Run officially over, here are the first 20 qualified for the Semifinals (14 NOCs so far)

:CZE 2x

:GBR 2x

:SVK 2x

:ESP 2x

:AND

:BRA

:FRA

:GER

:ITA

:NED

:POL

:SLO

:UKR

:USA

10 more boats will qualify from the repechage (Heat 2) this afternoon

Edited by hckošice

If the heat results were repeated here are the quota boats

:GER:GBR:BRA:UKR:ESP:AND:CZE:USA :NED:FRA:POL:ITA 

The European games spot would then go to :SVK 

Obviously a long way to go but just an exercise to show how it might work

Edited by dodge

54 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

As I’ve said before, the micro PPV network they use is pretty reliable & good quality once you pay up your €s.

Edited by Grassmarket

6 minutes ago, dodge said:

If the Men's C1 heats were repeated, these would be the quotas

:ESP:ITA :FRA:GBR :IRL:SLO:SVK:USA:GER:POL:SUI:CHN 

:CZE would get the European Games spot

As with the women, there's a long way to go

Yes, there's a few who had poor first runs who'll definitely be in the running for top twelve spots, notably Jessica Fox who was way down.

Edited by Nickyc707