website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Iran has been impressive in both heavyweights. Congrats. I think Rıza was the better wrestler but he is very old now, he lost all momentum in the last minute.

I guess our heavyweight domination days are more or less over with Taha and Rıza getting old. But it was a great decade. The unfortunate thing is we do not have any followers in any weight class. We will probably experience a very bad decade now. But before those dark times we still have a chance to win 3 golds next year in the heavyweights (Taha, Rıza and Yasemin)

Edited by merlinsbeard

this made up for all defeats we had today, what a win in a very unlikely scenario, huge huge comeback from Mirzazadeh against the great Kayaalp winning the gold in last 5-6 seconds :yikes:

we lost two semifinals today, Saravi's defeat was unexpected. but I hope both win the bronze (and the quota) tomorrow. so far our Greco team is doing better, we just lost some close matches, a bit of bad luck in couple of defeats.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Congrats :yes and you know he was my hero of the day :d for beating the disgrace of wrestling world Heiki "doing nothing" Nabi. 

He surprised me a lot with this medal , but he's providing some good results from a while ago so he deserves this medal , 1st medal for Egypt in Men's side since 2006 , Nabi is 38 now so I guess his time is over and Congrats for Gold medal that came in the vary last seconds :thumbup: