website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2019

hckošice

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I will try to find their roster but these new generations are usually born in Israel. But yes, in recent history there were many USA born players in Israel. Even their former coach is actually American.

I remember him. And i agree with you. But Israel can focus more on rhythmic than on artistic gymnastics in that sense. I think that their full team in RG from Beijing is Soviet born.

Gymnastics & figure skating are two events where athletes from former USSR can be naturalized into a new home. The same way Americans do in basketball and Chinese in table tennis. I mean there are more Chinese competing in table tennis European Champs than actual Europeans these days :lol:

so, the world championship is over for Italy (no more fighters left in the heaviest classes nor we're going to participate to the team event)...

and 12 months after the Baku epic fail, here we go with another disaster...:facepalm::wall:

a bunch of 1/8 finals losses and 1 single 5th place (morally, a bronze medal, if only justice was the same for everybody)...

it's just too much also for me...it's definitely not worth the effort to spend time and words for this...and when somebody in the right place would eventually understand that this technical director and these coaches must go, it will be always too late...

more in general, after yesterday's great women's final in the -63kg, today we didn't have any notable match...it was quite an ordinary day, even if Japan not sweeping gold medal after gold medal is always good news...:whistle:

Just now, hckosice said:

and our eventual return to the Olympics in a combat sport received another blow. Our only guy we were looking for here, Randl lost already his opening bout...well, once again it will be all about canoeing :lol:

He still has good chance for OG.

Van 't End, what :hyper: 

Just slightly annoyed by the commentator saying "Van Tuh End" all the time, but sure, acceptable :p 

6th Dutch male world champion in history and the first since 2007 :cheer: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Glad to see Timo achieving so much success after so little time defending Portugal - especially because she didn't have the opportunity she deserved in Brazil.

No disrespect to Portela, but has she ever achieved something so great that her place in the national team is undisputed? :wall:

Absolutely insane results for France and Portugal so far. I feel like every year France has one freak world championships where they get results that they can never achieve again. I think a couple of years ago they won like half of the gold medals at the fencing world cjampionships ...

It is not as crazy as the Netherlands in Track cycling this year, but still extremely unlikely that they will be able to repeat it.

The Netherlands are also doing surprisingly good (i think this was their first world championship gold in 10 years?), while especially Russia is rather disappointing in my opinion.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

today's early action recap...

women's -78kg semifinals

:FRA Madeleine Malonga vs :BRA Mayra Aguiar
:SLO Klara Apotekar vs :JPN Shori Hamada

repechage round

:KOS Loriana Kuka vs :GBR Natalie Powell (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Apotekar vs Hamada fight)
:CHN Ma Zhenzhao vs :POR Patricia Sampaio  (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Malonga vs Aguiar fight)

men's -100kg semifinals

:POR Jorge Fonseca vs :AZE Elmar Gasimov
:KOR Cho Gu Ham vs :RUS Niyaz Ilyasov

repechage round

:GEO Varlam Liparteliani vs :NED Michael Korrel (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Cho vs Ilyasov fight)
:JPN Aaron Wolf vs :CAN Shady Elnahas  (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Fonseca vs Gasimov fight)