website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Thailand is unpredictable team, they can beat much better teams, but also flop against weaker ones. Random team. 

But this is huge surprise, considering all Pol vs Thai matches. 

In 15 matches since 2005, Poland has 11 victories. This is Thailand's first victory against Poland since 2018. 

1 hour ago, CCB said:

With the loss of Poland, the chance that Germany will get a ticket has increased again. The Netherlands already sees the misery: if two lower-ranked countries (Canada and Germany) qualify, the Netherlands will not go to the Olympic Games. That would be a huge downer.

Germany has to win against Slovenia first...it is not looking good. I think it will be 1-2 after three sets.

3 hours ago, CCB said:

Wow! What a major result for Canada. Will be very close in this group, but Canada definitely has a good chance to qualify. 

China needs to have another throwaway game for that and even then. Group is wide open now at least.

9 hours ago, phelps said:

I'm really happy...I expected them to lose games against :KOR:THA and others (not only vs "powehouses" like :POL and :USA)

meanwhile they're winning those matches and yesterday playing also with a lot of reserves of this team of 3rd tier players and yesterday we did even see our usual "libero" (a midget, in volleyball terms) playing in an attacking role (she did even smashed a pipe shot from the 2nd line :yikes: :roflmao:)

and all this, despite a setter that can't play a ball in the area of any hitter (not saying a precise pass, just a reasonably decent one) and "that man" on the bench

we're doing so much beyond expectations, I couldn't be happier and more surprised (even if we just played luoghable opponents so far) :yikes: :lol: :smoke:

4 hours ago, CCB said:

With the loss of Poland, the chance that Germany will get a ticket has increased again. The Netherlands already sees the misery: if two lower-ranked countries (Canada and Germany) qualify, the Netherlands will not go to the Olympic Games. That would be a huge downer.

Don’t worry Canada isn’t qualifying

Edited by Josh

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

Don’t worry Canada isn’t qualifying

And neither is Germany. They lost two sets against both Slovenia and South Korea and haven't even played the suppsedly stronger opponents yet. Even another 3:2 win would basically be the same as losing a game (three lost points in total).

21 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

And neither is Germany. They lost two sets against both Slovenia and South Korea and haven't even played the suppsedly stronger opponents yet. Even another 3:2 win would basically be the same as losing a game (three lost points in total).

I don't think that they will qualify either.

On the other hand: Poland just lost against Thailand while Germany won against them with 3-0.
I don't say that Germany is favourite against Poland, but it would not be sensational if they win this game as well.

But I don't see any chance against USA or Italy and they will have to win at least one of these two games.

I am not so familiar with the world ranking, but I assume that Germany could catch up a few points here.

5 hours ago, Adriano said:

No shock. I told you guys we are weak.

This is what you get when Wołosz is being a part-time NT player who only plays in the most important tournaments these days. The hype for this team was completely overblown by our media and of course now the shitstorm is coming :lol:

7 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Game win difference preceeds points iirc,  so winning against both Poland and Italy would be enough (beating USA would be very unlikely to me)

If Germany lose either I don't see them qualify. For Canada to Q Serbia should win all their matches and the other teams in 2-5 should trade five set games all over.