website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

I am not an expert, so maybe i missed something, but this seems really unexpected. Only possible explanation i see: Mexico has one elite athlete (who is probably better than all german athlete), but their 2nd/3rd athlete is worse than the 2nd/3rd german athlete. Of course i won't complain about this result. Worst possible outcome for Germany now is two silver medals, which is probably more than expected. Still the individual results and the men's team result were rather underwhelming.

Edit: How did Mexico manage to only score 45 points in the first round?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I am not an expert, so maybe i missed something, but this seems really unexpected. Only possible explanation i see: Mexico has one elite athlete (who is probably better than all german athlete), but their 2nd/3rd athlete is worse than the 2nd/3rd german athlete. Of course i won't complain about this result. Worst possible outcome for Germany now is two silver medals, which is probably more than expected. Still the individual results and the men's team result were rather underwhelming.

Nah, Mexico just had problems today (maybe with the wind?) and Germany won because they was (surprisingly) better. I see the German the clear favourite for the gold today.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Edit: How did Mexico manage to only score 45 points in the first round?

Nah, Mexico just had a big oof. 

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Semifinals for France, so one between :MEX or :NED will back at home with empty hands.

I have not much doubt in who it will be, sadly. The poor aftertaste would mainly be within the poor communication by WA. I mean, this team is not a top contender and will have a rough time qualifying at all, in that sense Mexico would deserve this spot way more.