website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Italy wasted a big chances, and end with a "wooden medal" :(

*Canadian

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Matteo92 said:

I can't believe it, Italian athletes have done nothing but fail at everything for the past few weeks :facepalm:

Agreed, their performance at the fencing world championships has been beyond pathetic.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Italian fans have very high expectations. I think it is impressive that they made the semifinal in 2 out of 3 team events. Not sure how much more they expected, didn't know that Italy was seeded much higher. Also you have to ask how italian fans would react if their team would have underperformed as much as China did.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

23 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Agreed, their performance at the fencing world championships has been beyond pathetic.

c'mon! they were great, but still far from being perfect (we did underperformed badly in 3 out of 6 team events -way more important than the individual's this year), with the whole sabre department at risk of not qualifying (and even in Tokyo -one of the lower points in the recent years- we had a rich full set of teams)

23 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Italian fans have very high expectations. I think it is impressive that they made the semifinal in 2 out of 3 team events. Not sure how much more they expected, didn't know that Italy was seeded much higher. Also you have to ask how italian fans would react if their team would have underperformed as much as China did.

we did expect to earn the Olympic Quota place at least in the men's division (we won the European Champs just a few weeks ago, not mentioning our great "tradition" in this event in the last 30 years or so, which doesn't count right now, but helps to build expectation) and better results in the individual events (where we won Olympic medals just 2 years ago with both men and women and a few world cup tournaments with some regularity thanks to Nespoli)

and having missed that quota place by just an inch is definitely more disappointing, more frustrating than not being competitive at all through the whole week

in such case, most likely nobody would have said a single word about this event, just swallowed the bad medicine

4 hours ago, Matteo92 said:

I can't believe it, Italian athletes have done nothing but fail at everything for the past few weeks :facepalm:

I think that you know now how it did feel when Polish athletes wasted most of chances to qualify to Paris via European Games, mostly in boxing :/ 

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The 17 year old World Youth Champion Aditi Gopichand is into semis faces gold medal favourite Jyothi Surekha Vennam.

Perfect 10s for both in the first end!

Edited by Josh