website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

dang, almost had a relay swimoff

:ITA Italy are out :yikes:

Actually somewhat deserved for not using Miressi in prelims. They still should have beaten Germany and Canada. In the end they wouldn’t have won a medal anyways.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Overall Canada is looking pretty good in the relay department for 2024. 6/7 are pretty much guaranteed while the men's 4x200m freestyle relay is in an okay position. They may need to come to Doha to secure the spot.

Probably not worthwhile going to Doha just for the sake of the men's 4x2.

The fight for bronze in the women’s medley relay might turn out to be more exciting than expected. China is still the favorite, but maybe Canada or Sweden can challenge. GB not making the final is somewhat surprising, but in the end they don’t really have any outstanding legs. Both their breaststroke and their butterfly leg were pretty slow.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

European fans can look forward to the U23 European championships and the athletics U20 European championships, so maybe less reason to be sad.

This might be the first World Championships ever where none of the Hungarian female swimmers qualified for the Top8 final. Maybe this already happened during the 2000s once, I am not sure. But yeah, our women's team is very weak atm. Still only three of our female swimmers qualified to Paris. Pádár is the only one who showed improvements. 

55 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

European fans can look forward to the U23 European championships and the athletics U20 European championships, so maybe less reason to be sad.

Also Track Cycling coming up in four days at the WC in Glasgow. Still doing fine. The hard week for me will be the bridge gap between the cycling WC and the athletics WC.

So... what can we expect for Doha? Who will show up to that? :d

I feel like most of the top nation got their qualification times here in the relays with the exception of GB in men's 4x100 free, so there are no good Olympic qualification reasons to go to Doha. I have a feeling that Hungary will send an almost full team, but our swimmers won't be in top form at the end of the winter. The Euros in the spring will be seen as more of an "Olympic training event" for us than the Doha Worlds. I can see Kós for example skipping the Worlds because he isn't training with the core team. 

FINA/WAqua messed up big time with having so many Worlds in the span of one and a half years. It's a waste of money, the Doha WCh can turn into a joke if nobody will take it seriously. 

Edited by Vektor

Btw, do we even have a host for the 2024 European Aquatics Champs? It should happen in next May, it's less than 10 months away, and I think Kazan got the hosting rights originally, but yeah... that's not happening. Will Budapest have to step in again to host one of these? 

47 minutes ago, Matteo92 said:

The elimination in the 4x100 medley is the crowning achievement of what is now officially a disaster. Each of the four guys was absolutely atrocious.

I'm ashamed of being a fan of those morons! :facepalm:

however, someone must put Ceccon in his place...he might be by far the best Italian swimmer, but he can't afford to talk like he did yesterday and earlier Today (and he can't swim only the races he wants...he must develop at lest 3 individual Olympic events seriously in the interest of the entire team)