website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

If only the :GBR platform lads had qualified in 3rd, they'd have taken silver :lol: 

Only solace is that of the 4 synchro quotas, this should be one of the easier ones for GB to secure at Doha next year (all things being equal and barring any injuries)

20 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

If only the :GBR platform lads had qualified in 3rd, they'd have taken silver :lol: 

Only solace is that of the 4 synchro quotas, this should be one of the easier ones for GB to secure at Doha next year (all things being equal and barring any injuries)

I warned you!  😊

Can't complain too much as the Mexicans and Ukrainians both dived well and produced 95+ dives towards the end. Well done to them for performing so well under pressure.

13 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

I warned you!  😊

Can't complain too much as the Mexicans and Ukrainians both dived well and produced 95+ dives towards the end. Well done to them for performing so well under pressure.

Absolutely - the right teams won the quotas today. The lads can make it up by both securing individual quotas later in the week. 

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Ya, apparently the main motivation for him getting French citizenship was to make it easier to live in France post-Brexit. He was already living in France for quite a few years.

Yep, he's basically a cliff and high diver and didn't look particularly impressive on the 10m platform at the EG but I guess the French are grateful for his experience as they build their programme for Paris.

8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Absolutely - the right teams won the quotas today. The lads can make it up by both securing individual quotas later in the week. 

Even without Daley they've got stacks of depth on the 10m platform with Ben Cutmore, Matthew Dixon and Robbie Lee in addition to Mattie Lee and Noah Williams so they should get their quotas whether this year or next. GB has secured a full set of diving quotas at the last four Games so I'm sure they'd be very disappointed if they didn't do so again.

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

Poland 7th, maybe if France won't take host place we could fight for the last places at Olympics.

So China, Ukraine, Mexico (Q) next year for sure USA, Australia, UK + host, last place(Germany/Italy - for me less chances Poland/Malaysia)

Don't count out Canada. We had the World Championships bronze medalist last year in Wiens/Zsombar-Murray and would've been favorites for one of the quotas this year but Wiens got injured, and withdrew from the meet.

Edited by Josh