website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Netherlands DSQ. Will Dutch NOC punish them by taking away their Olympic qiota, @heywoodu?

No idea :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

and now it's time for "the Radetzky march"...ops, I mean the Italian National anthem...

to all the people in the world...I know it comes quite easily, but please, don't start clapping during our anthem...it's not respectful!

Why did they start clapping ?

Just now, Griff88 said:

Why did they start clapping ?

Because the Italian anthem is rhythmic and idiots think that means you should clap along.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Don't see any realistic chances for Quadarella, Detti or Pellegrini, but if Wellbrock stops progressing, then Paltrinieri could become double olympic champion.

Not sure if you are serious about "but yeah, we could easily end up without any gold medal...", but if not, then would you be interested in a bet?

as I wrote, I don't see any chance for Quadarella either...if Ledecky is there and healthy...

and yes, I'm serious about the chance of not winning a single gold medal in swimming in Tokyo...it's not that even Paltrinieri's races are closed before the start, he does not have an advantage over the opponents like Peaty's...Wellbrock and Romanchuk showed that they are well capable of beating him (not this year...but in 12 months who knows who's going to be in perfect shape and who's not?)...

Pellegrini and Detti are just "chances", but they won't start as the main favourites in any case...

also, Burdisso can only hope to improve up to second (unless Milak misses out for any reason), but it's more realistic to think of him not even making the podium...

and girls like Carraro or Di Liddo (I put both on the same level, even if Di Liddo was actually only 4th, but just for a fraction) have been wonderful this year to take advantage of the general low level in their respective races, but they're lucky if they can make the final next year...

beyond that, I don't see any other medal chance (maybe the men's 4*100m free relay can think about Bronze, if Condorelli and Miressi get back to their best condition in Tokyo)...

so, yes...we could still win 2 or 3 gold medals, but also come back home with no gold...

we'll see in 12 months...

p.s. no real betting for me, thanks...only "predictions" for fun...

34 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.s. no real betting for me, thanks...only "predictions" for fun...

Not even for a good bottle of .... (fill in the blanks with your favourite drink)? :evil: