website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

Toussaint losing to Rylov and Larkin, boooo

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

One of the commentators today tried to remedy the situation adding that this is the first time two Brazilians earned a medal at the "long course world championships". I still don't like this because:

1) This is the World Aquatics Championships, not the Long Course Swimming World Championships, so every medal earned here should be treated the same way in my opinion.

2) I understand FINA treats LC swimming and OW swimming differently, but we have people like Paltrinieri participating at both, so it's just the same sport, albeit with wildly different strategies and approaches to get a medal. Still, the objectives and skills necessary for a medal are the same. I mean, it's not like an artistic swimmer could win a medal on the pool, but LC, SC and OW swimming are three variants of the same sport, in my opinion. Artistic swimming is a completely different sport.

They are all different disciplines within the aquatics sports :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Dressel > Chimrova

51,10, what the flying fuck Campbell