website statistics

African Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The list of confirmed sports for Accra 2023.

A total of eight sports at Accra 2023 are set to serve as qualifying events for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games ©Accra 2023

According to this, 8 sports will serve as Olympic qualifying events.

1. Athletics - Ranking Score/Entry Standards

2. Badminton - Ranking Points

3. Cycling - Rankng Points for Mountain Bike and BMX Racing? 

4. Swimming - Olympic Qualifying Times

5. Table Tennis - Ranking Points?

6. Tennis - Continental Quotas for Singles' Winners

7. Triathlon - Ranking Points

8. Wrestling - ?

There are three Olympic Qualifying sports on the programme which I can't fully see how will serve as qualification events for Paris 2024.

Cycling: 

If it's only road cycling, I can't see how it can serve as a qualifying event as the Olympic ranking has ended and the African Champs was held this year. Of course, if the African Champs, which was held in Accra, served as part of this programme, then it was a qualifying event. 

The other options for qualifying events for cycling at these Games would be in mountain bike and BMX racing. Ranking points could be at stake. I'm not sure track cycling would be included as an event for the Games.

Table Tennis:

My best guess would be that this event would serve as an event giving out ranking points to the Team, Singles and Mixed Doubles Olympic Ranking.

Wrestling:

This is the only sport where I can't seem to comprehend how it would serve as an Olympic qualification event? 

The African & Oceania Olympic Qualification Tournament has already been confirmed to be held March 22–24, :EGY Cairo, so what other qualification opportunities would there be? 

@Wumo you haven’t even got to “Taekwondo - Olympic Upgrade” yet :p

Why does this event have to be a massive clusterfuck every cycle? African countries can clearly organize multi-sports events without it turning into some massive debacle (Abidjan 2017, Sal 2019 being a great examples).

Also, shout-out to “scrabble” for making its multi-sport games debut :lol:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Wumo said:

The list of confirmed sports for Accra 2023.

A total of eight sports at Accra 2023 are set to serve as qualifying events for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games ©Accra 2023

According to this, 8 sports will serve as Olympic qualifying events.

1. Athletics - Ranking Score/Entry Standards

2. Badminton - Ranking Points

3. Cycling - Rankng Points for Mountain Bike and BMX Racing? 

4. Swimming - Olympic Qualifying Times

5. Table Tennis - Ranking Points?

6. Tennis - Continental Quotas for Singles' Winners

7. Triathlon - Ranking Points

8. Wrestling - ?

There are three Olympic Qualifying sports on the programme which I can't fully see how will serve as qualification events for Paris 2024.

Cycling: 

If it's only road cycling, I can't see how it can serve as a qualifying event as the Olympic ranking has ended and the African Champs was held this year. Of course, if the African Champs, which was held in Accra, served as part of this programme, then it was a qualifying event. 

The other options for qualifying events for cycling at these Games would be in mountain bike and BMX racing. Ranking points could be at stake. I'm not sure track cycling would be included as an event for the Games.

Table Tennis:

My best guess would be that this event would serve as an event giving out ranking points to the Team, Singles and Mixed Doubles Olympic Ranking.

Wrestling:

This is the only sport where I can't seem to comprehend how it would serve as an Olympic qualification event? 

The African & Oceania Olympic Qualification Tournament has already been confirmed to be held March 22–24, :EGY Cairo, so what other qualification opportunities would there be? 

Great effort ..I have no idea how cycling serves as a qualifier to Olympics

Table Tennis: the tournement is serving only in the olympic ranking as the direct qualification would be through african championship in :TUN this september

Wrestling: it's just ranking tournemnt ..would impact the draw later on no more I think

thanks

• 1 month later...

would be great to see African games organisers to adopt good live scoring website and tools similar to Asian games (which is similar to Tokyo 2020 website interface)

last version of african games was mostly results tools (giving u the results after the events finish) and some times after the event by couple of hours!

having live results would add a great boost to the game I hope.

9 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

would be great to see African games organisers to adopt good live scoring website and tools similar to Asian games (which is similar to Tokyo 2020 website interface)

last version of african games was mostly results tools (giving u the results after the events finish) and some times after the event by couple of hours!

having live results would add a great boost to the game I hope.

The African Beach Games and African Para Games didn’t even have official websites. I’m not getting my hopes up for March :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The African Beach Games and African Para Games didn’t even have official websites. I’m not getting my hopes up for March :(

I should have asked first about the venue construction and completion before asking for this luxurious tools :facepalm:

• 4 months later...