website statistics

African Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, uk12points said:

So the qualifiers for the men’s table tennis quarterfinals from what I can tell are:

:NGR:EGY:EGY:EGY:EGY:CGO:NGR:EGY

in that case who would get the 4th quota given Egypt has already qualified a team? 

How were they even allowed to enter five athletes? :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, what's with table tennis being held so early on the schedule? Is there a conflict, or just weird scheduling?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, uk12points said:

So the qualifiers for the men’s table tennis quarterfinals from what I can tell are:

:NGR:EGY:EGY:EGY:EGY:CGO:NGR:EGY

in that case who would get the 4th quota given Egypt has already qualified a team? 

It appears that the results system is wrong and :SEN beat :EGY in one of the Round of 16 matches. 

Therefore the 4 qualifiers are :NGR Nigeria x2, :CGO Congo and :SEN Senegal.

Crisis of the 4th qualifier averted. 

anyway , we have our first finalists so far of African Games in Table Tennis :- 

• Men's Singles : :EGY Omar Assar Vs :NGR Aruna Quadri in a very classic final 
  • Women's Singles : :EGY Dina Meshref Vs :EGY Hana Goda in a very classic final as well 

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

African Games isn't a direct qualifying competition in Table tennis , we have the African Qualifiers in Kigali in May 

Ah my mistake, got confused there! Would make sense as there would be no Egyptian involvement then