website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

36 minutes ago, Belle said:

Wow I would love to see the results of this. Is it to find anywhere? :)

I think that full results aren't available anywhere since this contest was organised on old version of forum, but maybe OlympicIRL saved somewhere whole data of this contest, but winner of that contest was ABBA with Waterloo ;) 

But you can read some details of this event in this post which OlympicIRL posted few messages above :)

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, it's weird how one small idea for fun turned into something that nearly reached a decade :p

And on a sports forum of all places :lol: 

And the fact it has a highly recognisable 4-letter acronym (TISC) is also really cool, at least in my mind.

32 minutes ago, rybak said:

I think that full results aren't available anywhere since this contest was organised on old version of forum, but maybe OlympicIRL saved somewhere whole data of this contest, but winner of that contest was ABBA with Waterloo ;) 

But you can read some details of this event in this post which OlympicIRL posted few messages above :)

Unfortunately I don’t have the results of that contest anymore since the old forum got wiped. I know the top 8 were:

1. Waterloo

2. Nocturne

3. Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu (Volare).

4. Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi

5. Fairytale

6. Hold Me Now

7. The Voice

8. Euphoria

I can’t remember the rest though. There were 25 finalists and a few non-winners were in the final. Modern winners and entries did not do well except Fairytale and also Euphoria which had just won the contest that year.

8 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Unfortunately I don’t have the results of that contest anymore since the old forum got wiped. I know the top 8 were:

1. Waterloo

2. Nocturne

3. Nel Blu Dipinto di Blu (Volare).

4. Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi

5. Fairytale

6. Hold Me Now

7. The Voice

8. Euphoria

I can’t remember the rest though. There were 25 finalists and a few non-winners were in the final. Modern winners and entries did not do well except Fairytale and also Euphoria which had just won the contest that year.

Awesome results. Great to see  many old songs in this list. I miss France Gall though :)

10 hours ago, rybak said:

And yet about 33% of victories goes to Ireland or other countries which sends Irish songs like Serbia did it few contests ago :d 

The temptation is always high for me to send our own Hungarian Irish band just to see if we would win TISC with them. :lol:

11 hours ago, Werloc said:

We don't have a single Olympian that has followed through with a music career in Lithuania. Not to mention the fact that the quality of music would be debatable :p 

It would be ridiculous but also a lot of fun

8 hours ago, Belle said:

Awesome results. Great to see  many old songs in this list. I miss France Gall though :)

A classic but sadly it didn’t make the final. A lot of my favourite winners from the early days didn’t make the final. “Après Toi” and “Tu Te Reconnaîtras” that won for Luxembourg in 1972 and 1973 are two of my favourite Eurovision songs and neither made the final.