website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My family is convinced xenophobia is responsible for :ESP

That's hilarious :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

The ESC is certainly an impressive thing... 

Nobody cares for it (well, we're a small minority who do), still ends up watching and gets pissed by the result more or less no matter what.

Nothing spells caring like the Danish jury awarding 8 to Finland, 10 to Norway and 12 to Sweden. :cool:

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Next year just wear a bit less and then maybe it's a win!

:NED just needs to enter Duncan Lawrence to win. The juries will vote for their buddy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

:NED just needs to enter Duncan Lawrence to win. The juries will vote for their buddy.

Duncan Laurence was actually heavily involved in this year's act. As in, apparently he picked them, guided them and so on.....

At least he can sing, because guiding and picking an act didn't go so well...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's hilarious :d 

I don’t know if it is…

People keep saying it sounds Arabic, and it’s not like Europeans on the best terms with that region. Europe is a continent defined by cultural homogeneity (whether it be clashes over differences, or bonding over similarities), so it’s not shocking “foreign” sounding entries struggle to garner votes (Albania and Spain as good examples).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Duncan Laurence was actually heavily involved in this year's act. As in, apparently he picked them, guided them and so on.....

At least he can sing, because guiding and picking an act didn't go so well...

Just shows music industry professionals aren’t the best judges of music.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if it is…

People keep saying it sounds Arabic, and it’s not like Europeans on the best terms with that region. Europe is a continent defined by cultural homogeneity (whether it be clashes over differences, or bonding over similarities), so it’s not shocking “foreign” sounding entries struggle to garner votes (Albania and Spain as good examples).

It just sounded very generic to a lot of ears. This is quite literally the first time I hear anyone say it sounded Arabic....

Plus, Europe voted someone with Arabic roots as winner....for the second time. Come on :p 

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Every time they send Flamenco-like music they get trounced.

They should just accept at this point they have to embrace the latino reggaeton-type trash in order to have a chance :lol:

It’s funny people think that is “Spanish” music. It’s certainly Latin American (and I’d have no complaints if they go that way), but this year’s entry is more true to traditional Spanish music. 

8 minutes ago, Agger said:

Nobody cares for it (well, we're a small minority who do), still ends up watching and gets pissed by the result more or less no matter what.

In all these years have never seen Totallympics members happy about a winner :p

I still remember the awful comments when Conchita won, for me one of the best song winners ever. Probably "Arcade" was the best well-received here in recent years?