website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

if :FRA loses in the quarterfinals, there's a good chance that Turpin gets the final for the joy of our friend @hckošice...:yikes::roflmao:

just kidding, I guess the final showdown it's between Orsato and Marciniak

I'm unsure FIFA would pick Italian referees for two WC finals in a row tbh. My money is on Turpin if France don't get there and Ramos as the dark horse given how they used to love put Mexican referees in the final. Ivan Barton is the darkest of dark horses since he's had a very good tournament but I'm unsure if Salvador will be deemed big enough to get such a chance but maybe it's time to have a pick like that last seen with Belqola in 1998. Since then we had two Italians, two Argentinians and Englishman. If we get Brazil/Argentina SF or any of them in the final there is no way they will put a CONMEBOL referee in the final.

17 minutes ago, George_D said:

Do you think Luis Enrique is responsible for Spain's failure?

definitely , starting from keeping some valuable players home especially Rodrigo , everybody is talking about Ramos , De Gea , Kepa , Alcantara , but noone is mentioning Rodrigo , the main problem in this Spanish team is the offence for sure , Rodrigo is having a very good season with Leeds and he's such a very good goalscorer i guess he would definitely brought some solutions to this clueless offense , playing with Rodri as CB to open the door for this very old man Buscuests was something realy dumb as he didn't make any use of both of them , Unai Simon is definitely not anyhow a starter for Spain , so he's definitely responsible for his choices 

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

No, But still a decent ranking and pretty much what i Said a while ago. The Top 6 in the ranking are the 6 strongest Teams on Paper of we exclude Germany and it was obvious that Germany wouldnt Play a role at this tournament. My Top 8 of the remaining Teams would be:

France

Brazil

Portugal

England

Netherlands

Argentina

Croatia

Morocco

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

25 minutes ago, George_D said:

Do you think Luis Enrique is responsible for Spain's failure?

He isnt the Main reason. I think they have pretty much the Same Problem as Germany (or More the other way round). They just don’t Produce enough World class players anymore (mainly defenders + True strikers) and Stick to an outdated System. I think Germany has More Quality than them, so you could say that they at least got closer to their Potential than Germany. I think best case for them would have Been to reach the quarterfinal. I think with a Better Coach they could have beaten Croatia (After winning their group) or Morocco (After Finishing second in their group), But Even with the best possible Coach they would have Been a clear Underdog against Portugal/Brazil (since they have clearly less individual Talent).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.