website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Legendary meltdown from Slovenia in PSO.

Sesko is worth 50 million Euro? Yeah, right. That miss might haunt Slovenia for the next 20 years or something.

Slovakia and Slovenia were close to the 1/4 finals but something was missing. It looks like only Austria/Turkey will make it from non-favorites to 8. Switzerland has already been in 8, so I don't count it.

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Slovakia and Slovenia were close to the 1/4 finals but something was missing. It looks like only Austria/Turkey will make it from non-favorites to 8. Switzerland has already been in 8, so I don't count it.

Don’t count out Romania, the dutch have been playing poorly & Romania has played well in the group stage. 

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Watched the entire match, it was so close. My condolences, @hckošice.

If anything, this tournament showed us that the gap between the so-called big ones and small ones is definitely shrinking and except :SCO in that opener against :GER the little ones did not give anything to the big ones for free

This and own goals are nowadays an important and often used weapon in tactics :p

Why was Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty allowed despite him coming to a full stop in the run-up? :facepalm: 

That is such an annoying trend in football, and such a shame it was rewarded.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why was Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty allowed despite him coming to a full stop in the run-up? :facepalm: 

That is such an annoying trend in football, and such a shame it was rewarded.

Rules allow that. You can't go back, but you can stop if you want.

8 hours ago, NMQ said:

Rules allow that. You can't go back, but you can stop if you want.

I thought there was a rule about it being a fluent movement. Wish they'd bring that back/in, so penalties have to actually be done in a fluent forward movement.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I thought there was a rule about it being a fluent movement. Wish they'd bring that back/in, so penalties have to actually be done in a fluent forward movement.

The thing is when the penalty kick actually starts. Common sense indicates it's when the player starts running towards the ball after the whistle but the current interpretation allows to think it starts after the deliberate stop as well. Which is pure nonsense but FIFA & UEFA are letting this fly. Overall the number of goals doesn't go up as fast as it did like 10-15 years ago because the gap between teams has indeed closed down.