website statistics
Jump to content

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2022 - 2023


Totallympics
 Share

Recommended Posts

and the Habs just signed Slaf´s buddy :d

 

Montréal Slovakians :p

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2022 at 12:17 AM, hckošice said:

and finally the most awaited thing happened today :d

 

 

 

6 hours ago, hckošice said:

and the Habs just signed Slaf´s buddy :d

 

Montréal Slovakians :p

 

 

and when it rains it pours :d, also the 3rd of the class just signed his entry-level contract.

 

Congrats Boys, We so proud of you !

 

c_2ktkpTURBXy81ODRjOGZlOTAwYzFmZTllMjllZ

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no Slaf at the draft?

 

no problem...we're gonna ink Ondrej Palat...:yikes:

 

the Czech forward left Tampa and signed a new contract with the New Jersey Devils, 5 years and 30 millions...

 

meanwhile Dylan Strome goes to Washington...

 

but I'm still shocked by Gaudreau going to Columbus...that really came out of nothing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

while the Matt Tkachuk saga continues :popcorn: 

goalie :CZE Vitek Vanecek goes to New Jersey and forward :SUI Nino Niederreiter signs a 2-year 8-million deal with Nashville...

 

more Nordic players finding their home for the next season(s)...

:FIN Kasperi Kapanen re-signs with Pittsburgh (2 years, 6.4 millions), :SWE Calle Jarnkrok goes to Edmonton (4 years, 8.4 millions), goalie :FIN Kaapo Kahkonen goes to San Josè (2 years, money undisclosed) and finally :SWE Mattias Janmark joins the Oilers (1 year, 1.25 million)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Blockbuster trade!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

 

Matthew Tkachuk to the panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, Mackenzie Weegar, a prospect and a 1st round pick

What are my flames doing ? first Gaudreau and now Tkachuk :cry:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

What are my flames doing ? first Gaudreau and now Tkachuk :cry:

 

US Players don't want to stay in Canada because of higher taxes and all the covid protocol's restrictions...

 

Social media are full of trash about this conspiracy theory (which imho has something true behind it, not as crazy as they write, but still...)

 

and especially the Flames have some financial problems and they're still trying to get the authorization to build a new, modern arena...

 

not going to be easy for them in the immediate future...

 

p.s. Huberdeau next Summer is going to be an unrestricted free agent...I'm pretty sure he won't stay long in Calgary, too...

 

p.p.s. waiting for the next free agency, with Auston Matthews on the market (if he doesn't extend his contract in Toronto, which is not to be taken for granted)...:popcorn:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

more from the last few hours...

 

:FIN Patrick Laine inks a new 4-year, 34.8 million deal with Columbus...

 

then, the Blue Jackets send :DEN Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle for some future draft picks and the Winnipeg Jets sign :CAN Pierre Luc Dobois to a 1-year, 6 million deal...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phelps said:

US Players don't want to stay in Canada because of higher taxes and all the covid protocol's restrictions...

 

Yep especially for the insane taxes :d

 

Was very well explained in one article in our news site about Slaf deal.

 

 

First what is in the contract :

 

Montreal gave him the maximum possible salary for a rookie: $950,000, ten percent of which is a signing bonus: $95,000.

He signed a three-year contract, this length is given by default for rookies. In addition, he also has bonuses in his contract that allow him to receive an additional $3.5 million, which is again the maximum he can receive. In total, he can earn 4,450,000 in one season. It is the largest contract in NHL history for a rookie since the introduction of the salary cap in the 2005/06 season.

 

However his only sure income, regardless of where he plays next season, is a signing bonus. He will receive the sum of 95 thousand dollars every year during the duration of the contract, even if he will play in Europe. The remaining 855,000 from the base salary will be in full if he plays the entire season for Montreal in the NHL. If he will be send down to Laval in the AHL, his salary would be $82,500. This amount also increased by $2,500. If he commutes between the NHL and the AHL, his salary will depend on how many days he will be in which competition. Overseas, they can earn a minimum of $177,500 (signing bonus + a full season in the AHL) from the base salary, or the full amount of $950,000.

 

His contract also includes two types of bonuses. He can get a million for the first, 2.5 million for the second.

 

With the first bonus, he will receive 250,000 for each of these fulfilled conditions. However, he can receive a maximum of one million in total. For example, if he fulfills five conditions, he will get nothing for the fifth. - score 20 goals - get 35 assists - score 60 points - to be in the TOP 6 forwards in the club in average time spent on the ice - have 0.73 points per game - in the rating +/- to be in the TOP 3 attackers of the club - at the end of the season to be in the rookie All-stars team - be nominated for the All-stars match - become the most valuable player of the All-stars match Under conditions where he must be top in something in the club or in points per game, he must play at least 42 games in the NHL.

 

With the second type of bonus, he only needs to fulfill one condition to receive 2.5 million. - top 10 in the NHL among forwards in one of the categories: goals, assists, points, points per game (minimum 42 duels played) - win one of the trophies: Hart Trophy (Most Valuable Player of the Season), Maurice Richard (Best Scorer), Conn Smythe (Most Valuable Player in the Playoffs), Frank J. Selke (Best Defensive Forward) - nomination to the first or second All-stars team of the season.

 

 

and now the reailty after Taxes:

 

The mentioned numbers are significantly different from what Juraj Slafkovský actually gets on his account. The reason is simple - taxes.

 

And that's not to mention other fees (agents, players' association, etc...). Looking at taxes, there is no worse city for a player in the entire NHL than Montreal, they are the highest here. If he played a full season in the NHL, reached all the bonuses and received the maximum possible amount of $4,450,000, he would pay up to 52.74 percent in taxes ($2,346,930).

 

For comparison, if he had signed the same contract with the Seattle Kraken, he would have paid $736,000 less in taxes (36.20%). The percentage of taxes depends on the amount of earnings. The limit in Montreal when he would pay less than 50 percent in taxes is roughly 765,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Yep especially for the insane taxes :d

 

Was very well explained in one article in our news site about Slaf deal.

 

 

First what is in the contract :

 

Montreal gave him the maximum possible salary for a rookie: $950,000, ten percent of which is a signing bonus: $95,000.

He signed a three-year contract, this length is given by default for rookies. In addition, he also has bonuses in his contract that allow him to receive an additional $3.5 million, which is again the maximum he can receive. In total, he can earn 4,450,000 in one season. It is the largest contract in NHL history for a rookie since the introduction of the salary cap in the 2005/06 season.

 

However his only sure income, regardless of where he plays next season, is a signing bonus. He will receive the sum of 95 thousand dollars every year during the duration of the contract, even if he will play in Europe. The remaining 855,000 from the base salary will be in full if he plays the entire season for Montreal in the NHL. If he will be send down to Laval in the AHL, his salary would be $82,500. This amount also increased by $2,500. If he commutes between the NHL and the AHL, his salary will depend on how many days he will be in which competition. Overseas, they can earn a minimum of $177,500 (signing bonus + a full season in the AHL) from the base salary, or the full amount of $950,000.

 

His contract also includes two types of bonuses. He can get a million for the first, 2.5 million for the second.

 

With the first bonus, he will receive 250,000 for each of these fulfilled conditions. However, he can receive a maximum of one million in total. For example, if he fulfills five conditions, he will get nothing for the fifth. - score 20 goals - get 35 assists - score 60 points - to be in the TOP 6 forwards in the club in average time spent on the ice - have 0.73 points per game - in the rating +/- to be in the TOP 3 attackers of the club - at the end of the season to be in the rookie All-stars team - be nominated for the All-stars match - become the most valuable player of the All-stars match Under conditions where he must be top in something in the club or in points per game, he must play at least 42 games in the NHL.

 

With the second type of bonus, he only needs to fulfill one condition to receive 2.5 million. - top 10 in the NHL among forwards in one of the categories: goals, assists, points, points per game (minimum 42 duels played) - win one of the trophies: Hart Trophy (Most Valuable Player of the Season), Maurice Richard (Best Scorer), Conn Smythe (Most Valuable Player in the Playoffs), Frank J. Selke (Best Defensive Forward) - nomination to the first or second All-stars team of the season.

 

 

and now the reailty after Taxes:

 

The mentioned numbers are significantly different from what Juraj Slafkovský actually gets on his account. The reason is simple - taxes.

 

And that's not to mention other fees (agents, players' association, etc...). Looking at taxes, there is no worse city for a player in the entire NHL than Montreal, they are the highest here. If he played a full season in the NHL, reached all the bonuses and received the maximum possible amount of $4,450,000, he would pay up to 52.74 percent in taxes ($2,346,930).

 

For comparison, if he had signed the same contract with the Seattle Kraken, he would have paid $736,000 less in taxes (36.20%). The percentage of taxes depends on the amount of earnings. The limit in Montreal when he would pay less than 50 percent in taxes is roughly 765,000.

insane?

 

come and get a "normal" job (if you can...) in Italy...

 

then you'll know the true meaning of the expression "insane taxes"...:facepalm: :wall:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...