website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

11 hours ago, Werloc said:

I have absolutely no idea what place we would take on the medal table, but I think we have a good chance to win a gold medal in Modern Pentathlon by Laura Asadauskaitė, a gold medal or a silver from Rūta Meilutytė 100m. breaststroke, I expect 1 medal from canoeing sprint and possibly two from Rowing, we might have success in Saling with Gintarė Volungevičiūtė-Scheidt, whom is very successful in competitions that are held in RIO. Then there's also a chance in Boxing, Wrestling, because we have a history of doing well in these during the Olympics, a chance for a silver, bronze by Titenis in 100/200m. Breaststroke and with a help of a miracle possibly 1 in Athletics, 1 in Cycling-Track.

Whatever turns out to be the case, I strongly believe these Olympics will be the most successful in Lithuanian history.

I also think that we have a chance in basketball, although our group is really tough and i wouldn't write off Aurimas Didžbalis. We'll probably earn 1 place in weightlifting at European Championships and Didžbalis could be a contender in Rio.

I'm guessing something from 9-12 medals.

We have 11 sports where I would call a medal realistic and another 1 or 2, where I wouldn't completely count us out of the chances (about 30 events in total with danish chances ranging from medal favourites to decent outsiders).

My guess at the moment would be 11 medals.

Spain 16-20

Chances in athletics, badminton, basketball, handball, road cycling, swimming, waterpolo, dressing, gym, weightlifting, judo, wrestling, canoe/kayak sprint and slalom, taekwondo, tennis, shooting, triathlon and sailing...and maybe a surprise in archery.