website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Cup 2019

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I wasn't disputing the fairness of the result, merely the reason for the possible confusion about the outcome of the contest (see up thread).

I understand your point, but people should know at least the basic rules before watching...;)

by the way...let's move on and give a look at tonight's Mixed Trap competition...

with quite a few pairs still to complete their qualification round, Turkey (Safiye Sariturk & Tolga Tuncer) and USA 1 (Kayle Browning & Brian Burrows) with a score of 149/150, followed by Italy 1 (Jessica Rossi & Giovanni Pellielo) with a score of 148/150 are already sure of a spot in the final...

the remaining 2 places among the top 5 are still to be determined, but France 1 (Carole Cormenier & Antonin Desert) and Australia 2 (Penny Smith & Mitchell Iles-Crevatin) have a provisional advantage over the other crews...if they don't miss more than 1 shot in their last series, they are sure to make the final...with 2 or more misses, they put in play a few other teams once again...

2019 World Cup, Stage #2 (Acapulco, MEX)

Mixed Team Trap

Gold: :AUS Australia 1 (Laetisha Scanlan & James Willett)

Silver: :USA United States 1 (Kayle Browning & Brian Burrows)

Bronze: :GBR Great Britain 1 (Kirsty Barr & Matthew John Coward-Holley)

today it's a very bad day for Italy, too...

no shooters in the women's skeet final...:(:facepalm::wall::nopompom:

the top 6 from today's qualification round are: :USA Samantha Simonton, :CHN Zhang Heng, :USA Kimberly Rhode, :NZL Chloe Tipple, :CHN Zhang Donglian and the winner of the shoot-off between :POL Agnieszka Sieracka and :GBR Amber Hill...

in terms of the Olympic Quota Places, the :USA USA have already filled their 2 spots, all the remaining girls and Nations (the 2 going at the shoot-off included) instead have yet to earn their place at the Games...

Edited by phelps

44 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

looks like China will become a superpower in shotgun also !

Until anti-doping techniques will be updated

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

22 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Until anti-doping techniques will be updated

Feel like there’s not a lot to gain from doping in shooting. I could be wrong, but I feel right

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela