website statistics

Canada's 2024 Olympics Qualification Discussion Road to Paris 2024

@Topicmaster1010 Thought it would just be easier to comment on your predictions

Archery: This depends on if Kristine Esebua can compete for Canada. Her omission from the Pan Am Games implies she is not a citizen yet. This article also implies that. I think she will be able to in the end, and should be a favourite for one of the quota spots. +1

Athletics: Gabriela Debues-Stafford should be back for this season (and qualify, hopefully injury is fully recovered). AFAIK Liz Gleadle is still aiming for 2024. So +2 here.

Judo: Julien Frascadore should qualify through the rankings, he burst onto the scene last year. Can see him moving up in the rankings +1 

Wrestling: I would add Amar Dhesi in the continental quotas. +1

She is a promising young athlete, who has lots of room for improvement, but I think Paris 2024 might be too soon for her. Her PB of 59.11m was at a really (really) windy meet in Oklahoma, and since then has only got within two meters at most of the mark (in nine meets)

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

Very interesting that she seems to have gotten citizenship through a court ruling unrelated to her and not because the federal government made a special exception for her.

Either way, very happy she gets to compete for Canada. I obviously have a special soft spot for :CAN:USA athletes, especially when they compete for Canada.