website statistics

Canada's 2024 Olympics Qualification Discussion Road to Paris 2024

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Still can’t believe we haven’t secured an Olympic quota yet, in any events/sports. 

In Canada's defense, the Olympic qualifiers haven't been favourable. Our best chance so far was probably in football and equestrian and we were far from the favourites, heck even for the remaining qualifying events in 2022, our best chance will be in the Pan American Shooting Championships and that also is a bit of a long shot.

Typically sailing has a qualifying event by now which is usually when Canada qualifies their first quota. The beginning of 2023 looks pretty light (though to be fair many events still have dates as TBC), but there is a good chance that our first quotas may be in athletics or swimming.

• 3 months later...

So for those who missed it, I simulated every quota for the upcoming olympics which you can find here. @Josh I believe you wanted a breakdown for the Canadian team and I will do that below.

:CAN Team Size: 300 

# of Sports Qualified In: 36

Archery (2):

As is tradition, Canada is currently projected to qualify one athlete in each gender. Eric Peters and Stephanie Barrett are currently the highest ranked Canadian archers. Peters would qualify through the reallocated mixed team quotas and Barrett would qualify through the Pan-American games.

Athletics (51):

This is roughly around the number which Canada usually qualifies in athletics. Here's a breakdown of all the athletes below:

Men (24):

Mohammed Ahmed - 5000m, 10000m (Achieved Entry Standard in both events)

Marco Arop - 800m (Achieved Entry Standard)

Jerome Blake - 100m, Men's 200m (Achieved Entry Standard in both events)

Aaron Brown - 200m (Achieved Entry Standard in 200m, 10th in 100m World Rankings)

Andre de Grasse - 100m (29th in World Rankings)

Jean-Simon Desgagnes - 3000m Steeplechase (27th in World Rankings)

Evan Dunfee- 20km Race Walk (15th in World Rankings)

John Gay - 3000m Steeplechase (23rd in World Rankings)

Rowan Hamilton - Hammer Throw (23rd in World Rankings)

Trevor Hofbauer - Marathon (264th in World Rankings)

Adam Keenan - Hammer Throw (18th in World Rankings)

Pierce Lepage - Decathlon (Achieved Entry Standard)

Cameron Levins - Marathon (Achieved Entry Standard)

Rory Linkletter - Marathon (258th in World Rankings)

Django Lovett - High Jump (4th in World Rankings)

Brandon McBride - 800m (41st in World Rankings)

Malik Metivier - 400m Hurdles (42nd in World Rankings)

William Paulson - 1500m (41st in World Rankings)

Charles Philibert-Thiboutot - 1500m, 5000m (34th in 1500m World Rankings, 55th in 5000m World Rankings)

Cameron Proceviat - 1500m (49th in World Rankings)

Brendon Rodney - 200m (32nd in World Rankings)

Ryan Smeeton - 3000m Steeplechase (39th in World Rankings)

Benjamin Thorne - 20km Race Walk (50th in World Rankings)

Damian Warner - Decathlon (Achieved Entry Standard)

Women (24):

Khamica Bingham - 100m (58th in World Rankings)

Lindsey Butterworth - 800m (23rd in World Rankings)

Kyra Constantine - 400m (40th in World Rankings)

Gabriela Debues-Stafford - 1500m (Achieved Entry Standard)

Malindi Elmore - Marathon (Achieved Entry Standard)

Crystal Emmanuel - 100m (78th in World Rankings)

Lauren Gale - 200m, 400m (59th in 200m World Rankings, 55th in 400m World Rankings)

Elizabeth Gleadle - Javelin Throw (10th in World Rankings)

Michelle Harrison - 100m Hurdles (Achieved Entry Standard)

Natalia Hawthorn - 1500m (65th in World Rankings)

Madeleine Kelly - 800m (36th in World Rankings)

Ceili McCabe - 3000m Steeplechase (37th in World Rankings)

Natassha McDonald - 200m, 400m (64th in 200m World Rankings, 47th in 400m World Rankings)

Sarah Mitton - Shot Put (Achieved Entry Standard)

Christabel Nettey - Long Jump (16th in World Rankings)

Anicka Newell - Pole Vault (33rd in World Rankings)

Alysha Newman - Pole Vault (26th in World Rankings)

Camryn Rogers - Hammer Throw (Achieved Entry Standard)

Leslie Sexton - Marathon (169th in World Rankings)

Jazz Shukla - 800m (49th in World Rankings)

Lucia Stafford - 1500m (43rd in World Rankings)

Jillian Weir - Hammer Throw (10th in World Rankings)

Natasha Wodak - Marathon (Achieved Entry Standard)

Regan Yee- 3000m Steeplechase (35th in World Rankings)

+3 additional relay athletes for the Men's 4x100m, Women's 4x100m, and Women's 4x400m relays

Obviously, if healthy, De Grasse will also be entered in the 200m event. Ethan Katzberg just missed the hammer throw qualification by one spot in the world rankings.

Badminton (8):

Just like in Tokyo, the simulation has Canada qualifying one athlete in every discipline. Brian Yang and Michelle Li are currently ranked 21st and 14th in their respective singles events and both would qualify through the world rankings easily. In the doubles events, Canad benefits from being the best badminton nation in the Americas and they only earned their quotas in men's and mixed doubles because of the need to have a representative from the Americas. Simulated pairs are Adam Dong/Nyl Yakura in men's doubles, Rachel Honderich/Kristen Tsai in women's doubles, and Ty Lindeman/Josephine Wu in mixed doubles.

Basketball (12):

Women's team should have no problem qualifying. Unfortunately, the men do not qualify in the simulation because Argentina is still ranked as the 2nd best nation from the Americas. Personally, I'm optimistic that the men can get the job done this time. By biggest qualification wish is for them to qualify.

3x3 Basketball (4):

After a stellar season, the women's 3x3 basketball team is predicted to qualify for the games.

Boxing (3):

Women's 54kg - Scarlett Delgado

Women's 60kg - Charlie Cavanagh

Women's 66kg - Tammara Thibeault

Wyatt Sanford just barely missed qualifying.

Breaking (1):

Phil Wizard is predicted to be the lone breakdancer qualifying for Canada. I used the world championships to simulate breakdancing but couldn't find a world ranking. I believe another Canadian just missed qualifying in the men's event.

Canoe Slalom (2):

Florence Maheu (Women's K1) and Lois Betteridge (Women's C1) qualify as the winners of the Americas continental qualification events. No men qualify this time.

Canoe Sprint (14):

Canada earns quotas in both K4 and C2 events for both genders meaning they'll have at least one boat in every event. I also have Canada earning extra quotas in Women's K1 and C1.

BMX (1):

1 athlete in the women's racing event. Molly Simpson is projected to earn the Americas quota.

Mountain Biking (2):

Through the nations rankings, Canada is projected to earn one quota in both the men's and women's events. Carter Woods and Emily Batty were the top ranked Canadians.

Road Cycling (3):

Through the nations rankings, Canada is projected to qualify 1 man and two women. Based on individual rankings, the quotas would go to Michael Woods, Alison Jackson, and Simone Boilard.

Track Cycling (15):

Through the nations rankings, Canada is projected to qualify full sprint teams for both men and women as well as 5 men's distance and 4 women's distance cyclists. This means that Canada would have entries in all the events.

Diving (6):

I used the most recent world championships for the diving simulation so the athletes are the same ones. Bryden Hattie in the men's 3m springboard, Nathan Zsombor-Murray and Rylan Wiens in the 10m events, Mia Vallee and Margo Erlam in the women's 3m events and Caeli McKay in the women's 10m platform.

Equestrian (9):

Full team in each discipline. Hopefully there won't be any disasters like last time.

Fencing (8):

First of all, there's a full team in both men's and women's foil. While not in the top 4, both teams qualify as the best remaining team in the Americas. There's also an additional two athletes that qualify through world rankings. Fares Arfa qualifies in the men's sabre and Gabriella Page qualifies in the women's sabre as the best ranked athletes from the Americas not in the team event.

Football (18):

Qualification for the women's team. Just got to beat Jamaica to get back to the Olympics.

Golf (4):

As is always the case, 2 per gender qualify through the world rankings. As of the time I did the simulation, the qualified golfers would be Corey Conners (34th), Mackenzie Hughes (46th), Brooke Henderson (7th), and Maude-Aimee Leblanc (146th).

Artistic Gymnastics (10):

Women's team already qualified. Based on the results of the 2022 World Championships, I have the men qualifying at the 2023 World Championships. Hopefully that happens.

Trampoline (2):

One in each gender (Jeremy Chartier and Sarah Milette)

Judo (7):

Mens -73kg - Arthur Margelidon (6th in World Rankings)

Men's -81kg - Francois Gauthier Drapeau (15th in World Rankings)

Men's -100kg - Shady Elnahas (6th in World Rankings)

Women's -52kg - Kelly Deguchi (Continental Quota)

Women's -57kg - Christa Deguchi (1st in World Rankings)

Women's -63kg - Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard (2nd in World Rankings)

Women's -78kg - Coralie Godbout (Team Event Quota)

Now I was informed today that I there was an olympic ranking that I missed where as I used the world rankings for these quotas :facepalm:. Not sure how big of a difference it makes. The only big difference I noticed was that Kyle Reyes was ranked ahead of Elnahas in the Men's -100kg event but either of them could take the quota and then there is of course, the battle in the women's -57kg class as well.

Rowing (28):

Quotas in men's single sculls, men's double sculls, men's eight, women's single sculls, women's pair, women's double sculls, women's eight and women's lightweight double sculls.

Rugby Sevens (12):

Still have the women's team qualifying despite their decline. However, they just sneak in earning a quota in the final qualification event. Men's team has no like as the United States didn't qualify through the rugby sevens series. The US will play a big factor into whether or not our teams qualify.

Sailing (7):

Quotas in men's dinghy (Fillah Karim), men's skiff (Arie Moffat), women's kite (Nataliya Leshko), women's dinghy (Sarah Douglas), and women's skiff (Georgia Lewin-Iafrance). The dinghy and women's skiff quotas were earned through the 2023 world championships while the other quotas were earned through the North American/Caribbean qualification event.

Skateboarding (7):

Now this was very interesting. The breakdown is one athlete in men's street and 3 athletes in each of the park events. There were not that many park competitions this year so the numbers could be more inflated because of that. I would expect the number to be less than 7.

Sport Climbing (1):

Alannah Yip finds herself returning to the games through the Americas qualifier in the women's combined boulder and lead event.

Surfing (2):
I used results from both the world surfing series and the world championships to make a simulation. Strong showings in the world championships from Sanoa Dempfle-Olin and Erin Brooks help them qualify in this simulation.

Swimming (23):

The following swimmers achieved an olympic qualifying time in 2022 (or open water quota):

Men:

Hau-Li Fan - 10km Open Water

Finlay Knox - 200m IM

Joshua Liendo - 50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 100m Butterfly

Women:

Mary-Sophie Harvey - 200m IM

Maggie Mac Neil - 100m Butterfly

Kylie Masse - 100m Backstroke, 200m Backstroke

Summer McIntosh - 200m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle, 200m Backstroke, 200m Butterfly, 200m IM, 400m IM

Penny Oleksiak - 100m Freestyle

Taylor Ruck - 200m Freestyle

Katerine Savard - 100m Butterfly

Ingrid Wilm - 100m Backstroke

Kelsey Wog - 200m Breaststroke

Additional Relay Athletes:

Javier Acevedo, Sophie Angus, Jeremy Bagshaw, Stephen Calkins, James Dergousoff, Ruslan Gaziev, Ella Jansen, Yuri Kisil, Rachel Nicol, Rebecca Smith, Adam Wu

Summer probably isn't going to swim all 6 events that opens the door for another female swimmer in an individual event. Notably, there are some big name IM swimmers like Sydney Pickrem, Tessa Cieplucha or even Bailey Andison that aren't listed. That would probably be a combination of the tough entry standards + Summer taking up two of the four IM spots.

Table Tennis (2):

1 in each gender. Eugene Wang and Mo Zhang both qualify through the Americas events.

Taekwondo (3):

Men's +80kg - Marc-Andre Bergeron (Pan America Tournament)

Women's -57kg - Skylar Park (5th in Olympic Rankings)

Women's -67kg - Ashley Kraayeveld (Pan America Tournament)

Canada also just missed a quota in the Men's -58kg event.

Tennis (6):

Felix Auger-Alissime (6th) and Denis Shapovalov (18th) qualify in men's singles. Leylah Fernandez (40th), Bianca Andreescu (46th), and Rebecca Marino (63rd) qualify in women's singles. Gabriella Dabrowski joins the team for the doubles event.

Triathlon (4):

Charles Paquet (51st) and Jeremy Briand (70th) qualify through the men's olympic rankings. Emy Legault (20th) qualifies through the women's olympic rankings and Amelie Kretz receives a reallocated quota place. This would mean that Canada would be able to enter a mixed relay team.

Beach Volleyball (4):

No teams in men's again. For the women, the teams were Brandie/Bukovec and Pavan/Melissa when I was gathering the data but the teams have reformed now. Either way, I still think we'll qualify two women's teams since there's also the McNamara sisters who could also qualify.

Water Polo (12):

Women's team. Assuming the United States qualifies through the World Championships, Canada should be able to take the Americas quota.

Weightlifting (1):

With quotas reduced significantly, only Maude Charron is able to qualify in the women's 59kg event. Maybe Boady Santavy could qualify too.

Wrestling (6):

Men's 97kg Freestyle - Nishan Randhawa (Americas Qualification Tournament)

Men's 125kg Freestyle - Amarveer Dhesi (Americas Qualification Tournament)

*Very close to qualifying another men's quota in an event I can't remember

Women's 50kg Freestyle - Madison Parks (Americas Qualification Tournament)

Women's 62kg Freestyle - Ana Godinez Gonzalez (2023 World Championships)

Women's 68kg Freestyle - Linda Morais (2023 World Championships)

Women's 76kg Freestyle - Justina di Stasio (Americas Qualification Tournament)

Sports not qualified in:

Artistic Swimming:

This is a bit of a shocker but that's because we decided not to participate in many of the events at the world championships. I would expect Canada to at least qualify a duet since the US beat us at the team event during the World Championships.

Field Hockey:

Unfortunately, both teams were too low in the world rankings to qualify in this simulation. Maybe we'll qualify a team, maybe we won't. Could go either way.

Indoor Volleyball:

Men's team is on the decline. Women's team is on the rise but still not high enough in the world rankings. Could qualify, maybe not. Who knows.

Handball: No way. Modern Pentathlon: Probably not. Shooting: Maybe we'll qualify an athlete.

@Topicmaster1010, For Judo, for now is Jessica Klimkait is projected for spot 57kg

If Jessica Klimkait get the best result in Doha World Champiship, Christa Deguchi is technicaly out unless if have World Champioship before Paris 2024 OG 

but if Deguchi have better result in 2023 WC, is IJF OG Raking is tied breaker 

The Judo Canada Point System for Paris is 

2022 World Championship = 1 pt (Klimkait get best result)
2023 World Championship = 2 pt
Best Raking in Olympic IJF List = 2pt
2024 World  Championship = 2 pt

• 4 weeks later...

Tokyo Marathon is happening today, and Cam Levins (#4 at the 2022 World Athletic Championships) is our best shot at reaching the Olympic Qualification Standard. He’ll need a 2:08:10 or better in order for Paris 2024 consideration. 

Men’s Marathon: Saturday at 7:10 EST

Edited by Josh

• 8 months later...

Right okay, since 2023 is almost over I decided to do another simulation/prediction on how the rest of the qualification period will go. Now, me being me, I’ll probably be extremely realistic so consider some of them to be unlikely.  

PT 1/2 (Since I don’t have enough time to do it in one go)

Archery (2) - As per usual, one male and one female athlete. Eric Peters has already secured a men’s quota through Worlds, don’t see us qualifying a team either through the PAOQT (Pan-Am Olympic Qualification Tournament) or the FOQT (Final Olympic Qualification Tournament). We should qualify a female athlete through the PAOQT, probably Kristen Esebua if she can get her citizenship in time otherwise Stephanie Barrett/Virginie Chenier.  

Artistic Swimming (0-10) - Anything from a team, to a duet, to nothing at all.  Then again, I don’t follow artistic swimming very much, maybe I’m being too optimistic/pessimistic? 

Athletics (58) -

Men’s 100m- Andre DeGrasse, Brendon Rodney, Aaron Brown

Men’s 200m- Andre DeGrasse, Brendon Rodney, Aaron Brown

Men's 4x100m - Brendon Rodney, Andre DeGrasse, Aaron Brown, Jerome Blake, Bojale Ajomale (heats only)

Men’s 800m- Marco Arop, Brandon McBride

Men’s 1500m- Kieran Lumb, Charles Philibert-Thiboutot, Cam Proceviat

Men’s 5000m- Justyn Knight, Mo Ahmed, Benjamin Flanagan

Men’s 10000m- Mo Ahmed

Men’s 110m Hurdles- Craig Thorne

Men’s 3000m Steeplechase- Jean Simon Desgagnes, Matthew Hughes

Men’s High Jump- Django Lovett (had a disappointing performance at Worlds, but just have him sneaking in)

Men’s Hammer Throw- Adam Keenan, Rowan Hamilton, Ethan Katzberg

Men’s Marathon- Cam Levins, Trevor Hofbauer, Ben Priesner

Decathlon- Pierce LePage, Damian Warner

Men’s 20km Race Walk- Evan Dunfee

Women’s 100m- Khamica Bingham, Sade McCreath, Jacqueline Madogo

Women’s 400m- Grace Konrad, Madeline Price, Kyra Constantine (replacing Price with Natassha McDonald if she’s still competing, anyone know if she’s injured or not?)

Women’s 800m- Jazz Shukla

Women’s 1500m- Kate Current, Gabriela De Bues Stafford, Lucia Stafford

Women’s 5000m- Gracelyn Larkin, Brianna Scott, Julie-Ann Staehli

Women’s 100m Hurdles- Mariam Abdul Rashid, Michelle Harrison

Women’s 400m Hurdles- Brooke Overholt, Savannah Sutherland, Sage Watson (if still competing)

Women’s 3000m Steeplechase- Celi McCabe, Regan Yee, Grace Fetherstonhaugh

Women’s Pole Vault- Alysha Newman, Anicka Newell

Women’s Shot Put- Sarah Mitton

Women’s Hammer Throw- Jillian Weir (injured or?), Camryn Rogers, Kaila Butler

Women’s Javelin Throw- Liz Gleadle

Women’s Marathon- Malindi Elmore, Natascha Wodak

According to Christabel Nettey’s WA page, she hasn’t competed since August 2022. Assuming it’s injury related as I haven’t seen any news about her potential retirement. I’m leaving her off for now. 

Badminton (8) - Michelle Li in women’s singles and Brian Yang in men’s singles. Adam Dong/Nyl Yakura in men’s doubles, Rachel Honderich/Kristen Tsai in women’s doubles, and Ty Lindeman/Josephine Wu in mixed doubles. 

Basketball (24) - Men’s team already qualified through the FIBA World Cup, women’s team should qualify through the OQT. 

3x3 Basketball (4) - Women’s team will almost definitely qualify, with the athletes being Michelle Plouffe, Katherine Plouffe, Paige Crozon, and Kacie Bosch. 

Beach Volleyball (4-6) - Melissa Humana-Parades/Brandie Wilkerson are a lock to qualify. Sarah Pavan/Molly McBain and Sophie Bukovec/Heather Bansley will be battling for that second quota, no chance for either through World Rankings probably, but the NORCECA event shouldn’t provide much of a challenge with only Gutierrez/Flores capable of beating them (and even that seems unlikely). On the men’s side, US will most likely qualify two pairings through World Rankings which means it’ll most likely come down to Sam Scachter/Dan Dearing against Diaz/Alayo for the quota. 

Boxing (4-5) - Wyatt Sanford (men’s 63.5kg) and Tammara Thibeault (women’s 75kg) have already qualified for Paris through the Pan Am Games. Also think Scarlett Delgado (women’s 54kg) and Charlie Cavanaugh will qualify eventually through one of the two Olympic Qualification Tournaments. 

Think someone else could win a surprise quota, but don’t know who. 

Breaking (1-2) - Philip Kim (“Phil Wizard”) has already qualified for Paris through the Pan Am Games. No chance for a second quota on the men’s side, but Tiff Leung (“Tiff) should have a chance through the OQS. 

Canoeing- Sprint/Slalom (16)

At the Canoe Sprint World Championships we qualified boats in women's K-1 500m, women's K-4 500m, women's C-1 200m, women's C-2 500m, and men's K-4 500m.

Sprint

Women’s K1-500m- Michelle Russell

Women's K-2 500m- Tosha Behak Hrebacka/Andreanne Laglois

Women’s K-4 500m- Tosha Behak Hrebacka/Andreanne Laglois/Riley Melanson/Natalie Davidson

Women’s C1-200m- Katie Vincent

Women’s C2-500m- Sophia Jensen/Katie Vincent

Men’s K2-500m- Pierre-Luc Poulin/Simon McTavish

Men’s K4-500m- Nicolas Mateev/Laurent Lavigne/Pierre-Luc Poulin/Simon McTavish

Men’s C1-1000m- Connor Fitzpatrick

Men’s C2-500m- Connor Fitzpatrick/Roland Varga

Slalom

Men’s C1- Alex Baldoni

Women’s C1- Lois Betteridge

Women’s K1- Florence Maheu

Cycling- Track/BMX/MB (22) -

Track

Women’s Sprint- Kelsey Mitchell, Lauraine Genest

Women’s Keirin- Kelsey Mitchell, Lauraine Genest

Women’s Team Sprint- Sarah Orban/Kelsey Mitchell/Lauraine Genest

Women’s Team Pursuit- Allison Beveridge/Maggie Coles-Lyster/Sarah Van Dam/Ariane Bonhomme

Women’s Omnium- Allison Beveridge, Maggie Coles-Lyster

Women’s Madison- Sarah Van Dam

Men’s Sprint- Nick Wammes, Ryan Dodyk, James Hedgcock

Men’s Keirin- Nick Wammes, Ryan Dodyk, James Hedgcock

Men’s Team Sprint- Nick Wammes/Ryan Dodyk/James Hedgcock

Men’s Team Pursuit- Dylan Bibic, Mathias Guillemette, Derek Gee

Men’s Madison- Dylan Bibic/Mathias Guillemette

Men’s Omnium- Dylan Bibic

BMX Racing

Women’s Event- Molly Simpson

Mountain Biking

Men’s Event- Carter Woods (or maybe Gunnar Holmgren)

Women’s Event- Emily Batty Jennifer Jackson

Road (Team will be 3 female, 2 male)

Women’s Road Race- Alison Jackson, Olivia Baril, Simone Boilard

Women’s Time Trial- Alison Jackson, Olivia Baril

Men’s Road Race- Hugo Houle, Michael Woods

Men’s Time Trial- Hugo Houle

Diving (7) -

Men’s 10m Platform- Rylan Wiens, Nathan Zsombar-Murray

Men’s 10m Synchro Platform- Rylan Wiens/Nathan Zsombar-Murray

Women’s 3m Springboard- Pamela Ware, Mia Vallee

Women’s 3m Synchro Platform- Pamela Ware/Mia Vallee

Women’s 10m Platform- Caeli McKay, Celina Toth

Women’s 10m Synchro Platform- Caeli McKay/Kate Miller

Still don’t know if Melissa Citrini is retired yet, would replace her for Toth/Miller if so. 

Equestrian (9) - Full team already qualified through the Pan Am Games. 

Fencing (12-15) - Women’s team foil (most likely Sabrina Fang/Jessica Guo/Eleanor Harvey), men’s team foil (most likely Maxmillen Van Haaster/Blake Broszus/Patrick Liu), and men’s team sabre (Fares Arfa/Shaul Gordon/Francois Cauchon) should qualify. Men’s team epee (Fynn Fafard/Nicolas Zhang/Dylan French) has a chance, but we’ll be relying on Venezuela to be among the top four. Either way, we’ll probably qualify at least one athlete there (either Dylan French or Nicolas Zhang), along with Ruien Xiao (women’s epee) and maybe Pamela Brind’Amour (women’s sabre)

Have Kelliegh Ryan/Eli Schenkel retired?

Football (18) - Women’s team already qualified through the CONCACAF Olympic Playoff. 

Golf (4) - Corey Conners and Nick Taylor in the men’s event, and Brooke Henderson and Maude Aimee Leblanc in the women’s event. 

Gymnastics (13) - Women's and men’s artistic gymnastics teams already qualified through the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships. Sophiane Methot has already secured a women’s trampoline quota through the Trampoline Gymnastics World Championships. 

Artistic

Women’s Team - Ellie Black, Shallon Olsen, Emma Spence, Sydney Turner, and either Laurie Denoumee or Brooklyn Moors

Men's Team - Felix Dolci, William Emard, Rene Cournoyer, Chris Kaji, Jayson Rampersad

Trampoline

Sophiane Methot - Women's Event

Sarah Milette - Women's Event

Jermey Chartier/Remi Aubin/Keegan Soehn - Men's Event

Judo (7) -

Women’s 57kg- Christa Deguchi

Women’s -63kg- Catherine Beauchemin Pinard

Women’s -78kg- Coralie Godbout

Men’s -73kg- Arthur Margelidon

Men’s -81kg- Francois Gauthier Drapeau

Men’s -100kg- Kyle Reyes

And either Kelly Deguchi (women’s 52kg) or Louis Krieber Gagnon (men’s 90kg) with a continental quota.   

Sailing (7) -

Women’s Laser Radial (OQP secured) - Sarah Douglas

Women’s 49er FX (OQP secured) - Georgia Lewin-Lafrance/Antonia Lewin-Lafrance (Ten Hove/Millen miss out)

Women’s Kite (OQP secured) - Nataliya Leshkyo

Men’s Laser- Fillah Karim

Men’s 49er (OQP secured)- Justin Barnes/Will Jones (Moffatt/Woods miss out)

Skateboarding (4) -

Men’s Street- Micky Papa, Cordano Russell, Ryan Decenzo

Women’s Park- Fay Ebert

Rowing (21) - Women’s eight and women’s lightweight double sculls already qualified through the Rowing World Championships. But we had a disappointing outing there otherwise, so probably won’t qualify more than a couple of additional boats at the FOQR. I’m thinking men’s single sculls and men’s eight. 

Rugby Sevens (13) - Women’s team already qualified through Ran Sevens. Don’t see our men qualifying, they’ll most likely need to beat a couple of South Africa, Great Britain, and Spain at the FOQT. 

Shooting/swimming/waterpolo/weightlifting/wrestling/tennis/sport climbing/surfing/table tennis/taekwondo/triathlon/volleyball in PT2.

No quotas in field hockey, rhythmic gymnastics, or handball.  

Edited by Josh

As for my biggest qualification hopes they would have to be our women’s volleyball team, Scachter/Dearing in men’s beach volleyball, one of our field hockey teams and our men’s epee team. There’s also our women’s 3x3 team, but their ticket to Paris is almost guaranteed. 

Edited by Josh

• 1 month later...