website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

I'd say they are not. Five of 8 quarterfinalists have already been in Grand Slam semifinal. Yulia Putintseva have been very promising player, junior Grand Slam finalist and it was a matter of time when she'll start playing up to her potential. Bertens and Rogers are only players who actually surprised. Rogers much more. Displaying good game when no one expected and by beating top players and former Grand Slam champions...

In other words - given the current state of WTA, this is another not-much-surprising second week of a Grand Slam. Surprise will be Putintseva-Bertens, Rogers-Pironkova semifinals :lol:

7 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I'd say they are not. Five of 8 quarterfinalists have already been in Grand Slam semifinal. Yulia Putintseva have been very promising player, junior Grand Slam finalist and it was a matter of time when she'll start playing up to her potential. Bertens and Rogers are only players who actually surprised. Rogers much more. Displaying good game when no one expected and by beating top players and former Grand Slam champions...

In other words - given the current state of WTA, this is another not-much-surprising second week of a Grand Slam. Surprise will be Putintseva-Bertens, Rogers-Pironkova semifinals :lol:

It's women's tennis, every random thing can happen with every random player at any random moment :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Barbora Krejcikova and Katerina Siniakova were excellent doubles team back in junior days - they won Roland Garros, Wimbledon and US Open in 2013. Now, they back up their potential with back-to-back wins over fantastic teams Hings/Mirza and Hlavackova/Hradecka, both in two sets :yes Next are Makarova/Vesnina, another great challenge for young Czechs! 

WTA Tour has become a horrible joke ...

Random fluke runs everywhere, i cant believe that girls like Bertens, Putintseva or Pironkova reached the quarterfinal. Especially Bertens beating Keys is like a nightmare. I am really happy that we still have Serena to stop those mugs from winning slams, hopefully Azarenka will soon be back to help her, i dont know whether Muguruza can do the job just now ...

Very happy for Thiem, but he has one of the easiest ways to the semifinal ever. In general RG is by far the worst slam at the moment, which is very sad, because i actually think that RG should be the most important slam.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.