website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

so the new schedule..

Paja will be angry as heck, she travelled there only because of the Mass Start and her red bib instead of taking some last rest before the final training campfor the WCh

The new schedule is (all times CET):

Thursday 7 Feb 2019: 20:20 Men’s 15K Short Individual

Thursday 7 Feb 2019: 22:55 Women’s 12.5K Short Individual

Friday 8 Feb 2019: 20:30 (tbc) Men’s 4 X 7.5K Relay

Friday 8 Feb 2019: 22:45 (tbc) Women’s 4 X 6K Relay

Saturday 9 Feb 2019: 19:00 (tbc) Men’s 10K Sprint

Saturday 9 Feb 2019: 22:00 (tbc) Women’s 7.5K Sprint

Tentative Schedule; Further Changes Possible

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so the new schedule..

Paja will be angry as heck, she travelled there only because of the Mass Start and her red bib instead of taking some last rest before the final training campfor the WCh

The new schedule is (all times CET):

Thursday 7 Feb 2019: 20:20 Men’s 15K Short Individual

Thursday 7 Feb 2019: 22:55 Women’s 12.5K Short Individual

Friday 8 Feb 2019: 20:30 (tbc) Men’s 4 X 7.5K Relay

Friday 8 Feb 2019: 22:45 (tbc) Women’s 4 X 6K Relay

Saturday 9 Feb 2019: 19:00 (tbc) Men’s 10K Sprint

Saturday 9 Feb 2019: 22:00 (tbc) Women’s 7.5K Sprint

Tentative Schedule; Further Changes Possible

Paja forgot to google "Canmore weather"? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Paja forgot to google "Canmore weather"? :p 

yeah, because it´s logical that when you google Canmore weather you´ll know that they will replace a mass start by a sprint just because the 7.5k event is shorter than the 12.5k event

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah, because it´s logical that when you google Canmore weather you´ll know that they will replace a mass start by a sprint just because the 7.5k event is shorter than the 12.5k event

Yes :d 

Well anyway, it's a little annoying for her, but nothing dramatic and being angry at the weather doesn't make much sense anyway. I mean come on, it's not like this messes up the entire preparation for the world champs almost a month later.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes :d 

Well anyway, it's a little annoying for her, but nothing dramatic and being angry at the weather doesn't make much sense anyway. I mean come on, it's not like this messes up the entire preparation for the world champs almost a month later.

I meant the fact they changed completely the events, the weather is no problem, our athletes are used to it :p the problem is that they removed the only event she travelled across the whole ocean for. but anyway nevermind, these were just my assumptions, she doesn´t look angry at all in todays selfie with the PyeongChang sprint silver medalist Michal Krčmář she posted today, so I guess everything is fine then :p

Spoiler

3896769_1200x.jpeg?rev=3

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I meant the fact they changed completely the events, the weather is no problem, our athletes are used to it :p the problem is that they removed the only event she travelled across the whole ocean for. but anyway nevermind, these were just my assumptions, she doesn´t look angry at all in todays selfie with the PyeongChang sprint silver medalist Michal Krčmář she posted today, so I guess everything is fine then :p

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I wouldn't be angry because weather is just a matter of luck or bad luck. They can hardly say "oh you know what, let's not decide this because there's this one athlete for who it would suck, whereas the sprint makes everyone have another chance to compete instead of only the best 30" :p 

Now, Paja, let's go win that world champs gold and prove my point :raspberry:

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be angry because weather is just a matter of luck or bad luck. They can hardly say "oh you know what, let's not decide this because there's this one athlete for who it would suck, whereas the sprint makes everyone have another chance to compete instead of only the best 30" :p 

Now, Paja, let's go win that world champs gold and prove my point :raspberry:

Paja is grateful for the jinx

5 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Does the winner of the short individual win a crystal globe?  It is a new event.

Nope, it counts as a regular individual :p

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1819/BT/SIBU/CP05/SWIN/BT_C78E1_1.0.pdf