website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wimbledon is now considering whether to uphold the ban on Russian & Belarussian players after they were fined and obviously the other three GS didn't follow their lead :coffee:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2022/12/07/lta-hit-1m-fine-banning-russian-belarusian-players/

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, it also helps that France is hosting and I imagine they will push hard at preventing nations from boycotting. If they can keep the United States on board then I doubt anyone outside of maybe Ukraine will end up boycotting.

9 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Poland won't boycott Paris 2024 if Russia is there, no politics will change that. We boycotted 1984 OG and it's been a terrible decision back then which haunts us to the very day. We won't do it again, no way no how.

Agree.

This war will not end before the next US President elections, I'm afraid. But there may be some kind of ceasefire shortly before Paris Games... and after the olympics, the war may be there again... :( We will see Macron sitting at this loooooong table in Moscow some time in the spring 2024 I think...

Edited by rafalgorka

7 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Agree.

This war will not end before the next US President elections, I'm afraid. But there may be some kind of ceasefire shortly before Paris Games... and after the olympics, the war may be there again... :( We will see Macron sitting at this loooooong table in Moscow some time in the spring 2024 I think...

Looking at history, I wouldn't trust Russia to uphold an Olympic truce :p