website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

25 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

In 2016 the Brazilian finished fourth and Liu Hong won the race at the Race Walking World Championships. Hong was eventually disqualified for doping.

Let's see what happens in a few years from today.

I told my wife (chinese national) and her response: Why the hell you automatically think when we are good at something that we must cheat :wacko::cool::lol:

Well let's see 2 chinese in top 50km walk and 3 chinese in top 20km walk ..... Something does not smell right and I guess everybody with common sense must spot that. 

Just now, Jan Linha said:

I told my wife (chinese national) and her response: Why the hell you automatically think when we are good at something that we must cheat :wacko::cool::lol:

Well let's see 2 chinese in top 50km walk and 3 chinese in top 20km walk ..... Something does not smell right and I guess everybody with common sense must spot that. 

This is my viewpoint at this point (for all Olympic sports). Either very few people are doping and WADA is trying to catch people, or WADA is only catching certain people that they want too (scenario I hate the most), or more likely in some sports everyone is doping (so competition is somewhat fair) and in other sports not many are and those that do get caught (fair).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is my viewpoint at this point (for all Olympic sports). Either very few people are doping and WADA is trying to catch people, or WADA is only catching certain people that they want too (scenario I hate the most), or more likely in some sports everyone is doping (so competition is somewhat fair) and in other sports not many are and those that do get caught (fair).

I think there are a few sports where doping does not give any big advantage - especially accuracy and agility sports - shooting, boxing, archery, tennis, gymnastics,badminton, hockey, football ..... So they tend to be clean..... But there are sports where doping gives huge advantages - strength and speed sports - weightlifting, - cycling, atheletics, swimming and to some extent wrestling ---- here doping is rampant and technology to catch dopers is always 3-5 years behind doping........... Also some countries are covering up doping or because of huge money  there are well set up commercial organisations........ 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Will you stop insulting my friend @phelps? Thank you.

10 hours ago, TomJa said:

I didn't mean him. Excuse me @phelps

hey, guys! It's not a secret that I'm not the youngest user on this forum...:pope:

but, despite my age, I'm not so decadent yet...:finger:

and actually, I still have a pretty thick hair (all natural, no colouring nor any other trick)...:p

image.png

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

hey, guys! It's not a secret that I'm not the youngest user on this forum...:pope:

but, despite my age, I'm not so decadent yet...:finger:

and actually, I still have a pretty thick hair (all natural, no colouring nor any other trick)...:p

image.png

Wow what a frieze! :p If I offended you with this bald head, I'm sorry again .In a word, I'm bald when I look at this photo.

Just now, TomJa said:

Wow what a frieze! :p If I offended you with this bald head, I'm sorry again .In a word, I'm bald when I look at this photo.

of course the man in this photo is not me (he's the famous Italian singer/showman Caparezza, which actually means "thick hair" in the slang of his region, Puglia/Apulia)...

but really, I'm not that far from having something like this on my head (I just keep it a bit shorter because here Summer is hot and keeping hair like that could be annoying)...;)

p.s. and no...I'm not offended at all (I know you didn't want to talk about me)...;)

Edited by phelps

4 minuty temu, phelps napisał:

of course the man in this photo is not me (he's the famous Italian singer/showman Caparezza, which actually means "thick hair" in the slang of his region, Puglia/Apulia)...

but really, I'm not that far from having something like this on my head (I just keep it a bit shorter because here Summer is hot and keeping hair like that could be annoying)...;)

p.s. and no...I'm not offended at all (I know you didn't want to talk about me)...;)

I don't know much about music, much less I don't know Italian singers.
In Italy, the fact that the climate is warm and in long hair would be a problem.
I am too short in the forum to know everyone.