website statistics

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Women's shot put:

:GER Claudine Vita (born in 1996) - 17.90m

Men's high jump:

:GER Mateusz Przybylko 2.29m

Konstanze Klosterhalfen (born in 1997) sadly missed the 800m standard by 0.05s (2:01.55). 

She now has the following PB's:

800m: 2:01.55

1500m: 4:06.91

3000m: 8:53.21 (from last year)

10000m: 32:24 (road race out of full training in March)

It's gonna be interesting to see what she can do at the junior world championships, where she will compete in womens 1500m and womens 3000m.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

No Kendra Harrison on the hurdles in Rio :yikes:

Of course that's something we see with the American female hurdlers so often, but still it's obviously a bit of a surprise..

No Shamier Little on the 400 hurdles is quite surprising as well of course, and LaShawn Merritt's 19,74 is, let's say, interesting. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Really nerve wracking finish for some. Michél Torneus smashed the standards with a 8.44 jump and Kim Amb (javelin) also made it in his last try. Meanwhile Ole Hesselbjerg has the 44th place in the 3000m steeplechase. Crossing my fingers that he will just make it.

No Felix in the 200m in Rio....which only comes to show how absolutely idiotic it was to change the Olympic schedule because Ms Felix had to go for the double :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No Felix in the 200m in Rio....which only comes to show how absolutely idiotic it was to change the Olympic schedule because Ms Felix had to go for the double :facepalm:

Honestly it made sense, even ignoring Felix. There's no reason why "obvious doubles" should be overlapped.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Honestly it made sense, even ignoring Felix. There's no reason why "obvious doubles" should be overlapped.

But then plan it like that when you make the original plans, not when some "superstar" says "hey, can you change the program? It'd be easier for me, thanks." 

No problem at all with making doubles possible of course, but not when it's for one specific athlete like she is way more important than anyone else.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But then plan it like that when you make the original plans, not when some "superstar" says "hey, can you change the program? It'd be easier for me, thanks." 

No problem at all with making doubles possible of course, but not when it's for one specific athlete like she is way more important than anyone else.

I see it as Felix correcting IAAF's mistake, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

I see it as Felix correcting IAAF's mistake, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I see it as IAAF giving way too much importance to the individual wishes of a single athlete, so I guess we're not going to agree :p

On the other hand, she didn't qualify for the 200, so it doesn't matter that much after all.