website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2021 - 2022

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

No doubt. Fortunately for her the individual sprint in Beijing is freestyle this time around, so that's her best bet for a medal.  And it we saw what happened in PyeongChang against an ultra fast Swede in a freestyle sprint!

The Sprint at the Olympics will be really tough, this could be an advantage for Diggins and her Distance skills.

55 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

No doubt. Fortunately for her the individual sprint in Beijing is freestyle this time around, so that's her best bet for a medal.  And it we saw what happened in PyeongChang against an ultra fast Swede in a freestyle sprint!

Ya, I feel like I've heard "here comes Diggins!" on NBC and related Comcast networks a million times since 2018...

54 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Ya, I feel like I've heard "here comes Diggins!" on NBC and related Comcast networks a million times since 2018...

Was awake at 5am watching that race live when it happened (although Chad Salmela's call didn't come until later).  Looks like the finals of the individual sprint in Beijing should hit around 6:45am Eastern time.  I will make sure I'm awake for that one!

Tour de Ski 2021/22 (Event 2/6)

Stage 5 in Lenzerheide (SUI)

Women´s 10km Classical:

1. Kerttu Niskanen  :FIN   27:04.0

2. Ebba Andersson  :SWE  27:22.2

3. Natalia Nepryaeva  :RUS  27:34.5 

Full Final Result HERE

Tour de Ski 2021/21 Provisional Standing After Event 2/6) HERE

Tour de Ski 2021/22 (Event 2/6)

Stage 5 in Lenzerheide (SUI)

Men´s 15km Classical:

1. Iivo Niskanen  :FIN   34:51.7

2. Alexander Bolshunov  :RUS  35:11.0

3. Paal Golberg  :NOR  35:16.9

Full Final Result HERE

Tour de Ski 2021/21 Provisional Standing (After Event 2/6) HERE

Yulia Stupak and Simen Hegstad Krüger will already leave the Tour de Ski. The same considerations exist with Natalia Neprayeva and Frida Karlsson according to the German cross-country portal. Johannes Klæbo, on the other hand, wants to finish it now.

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Why is Klaebo such an overwhelming favourite for today's 15km race? It's not any kind of pursuit, right, so his advantage in the TdS so far shouldn't play a part?

Probably because he will ride with the rest to the finish and just beat them in the sprint. Especially since it's freestyle and he will just tag along.