website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

Churandy in the final again! :woohoo:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 30 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Wow, 10.93 and 1.98 EU23R for Asher-Smith and Lückenkemper!

Haha, Lückenkemper ran 10.95 last year, the EU23 records are worthless because EAA doesnt accept many performances, you have to hand in a special form if you want your time to be accepted and most dont do that. I am also pretty sure that Asher-Smith has been faster as an U23 athlete, the same is true for Lalova, Göhr, Drechsler, Krabbe and probably some more.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

"Every day I get chances and I'm doing what I can to grab every chance I get with my hands, my feet and my legs. We're just gonna make something nice out of it again tonight." 

Churandy, ever the optimist :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Haha, Lückenkemper ran 10.95 last year, the EU23 records are worthless because EAA doesnt accept many performances, you have to hand in a special form if you want your time to be accepted and most dont do that. I am also pretty sure that Asher-Smith has been faster as an U23 athlete, the same is true for Lalova, Göhr, Drechsler, Krabbe and probably some more.

Yeah I noticed that later :d 

10.77 by Lalova is the actual record.

vor 1 Minute schrieb heywoodu:

Yeah I noticed that later :d 

10.77 by Lalova is the actual record.

Would be amazing if Lückenkemper could go at least 10.87 to beat Göhr, Krabbe and Drechsel, although Göhr and Krabbe ran their times of 10.88 and 10.89 with 2.0 and 1.8 m/s and i doubt that Lückenkemper will be as lucky. Her next goal should be to beat 10.91 by Heike Drechsler, but obviously that will be a huge task. Last year she ran 10.95 in prelims just to choke in semifinal. If she stays cool, she has a good chance to hold off both dutch girls and Kambundji for silver. Given how awful her start still is, it would still probably be smarter to focus on the 200 m.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.