website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Just now, mrv86 said:

But "San" goes before "Santa" in Spanish

Right, but San V goes behind Sant, therefore it’s the correct order.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Peru has two versions of its flag. In Vancouver/Toronto they were different. So how do they choose?

It's a complex vexillogical matter, which only Sheldon Cooper could explain in "Fun with Flags"... but there are differences between a National Flag, a Civic Flag and a National Ensign.

Just now, intoronto said:

I remember Santo DOmingo opening ceremony (the first Pan Am I can recall) compared to Lima 2019, and this is miles ahead. Just wow.

The one thing I remember from those Games opening is the kid hitting the baseball on fire to lit the cauldron, A la Barcelona

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

I remember Santo DOmingo opening ceremony (the first Pan Am I can recall) compared to Lima 2019, and this is miles ahead. Just wow.

Well this one’s a bit better than the first one I can remember. That would be, oh, 2015.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, mrv86 said:

The one thing I remember from those Games opening is the kid hitting the baseball on fire to lit the cauldron, A la Barcelona

They did that at the 2017 Universiade too.