website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2022

Totallympics

12 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Spain wins 96-91 and will play France in the final. Poland vs Germany for bronze.

@hckošiceThe last 32 seconds of game time lasted 6 minutes in real time :p

that's an average value for a close game under FIBA rules...

Germany vs Spain's last minute was surely longer than 6 actual mins (I normally don't take notice of that)...

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

that's an average value for a close game under FIBA rules...

Germany vs Spain's last minute was surely longer than 6 actual mins (I normally don't take notice of that)...

I usually don't notice that either though I'm obviously aware the time outs/fouls are standard procedure in close basketball finishes but since @hckošiceappears to be a new fan of basketball I specifically looked on the clock for that one :p

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I usually don't notice that either though I'm obviously aware the time outs/fouls are standard procedure in close basketball finishes but since @hckošiceappears to be a new fan of basketball I specifically looked on the clock for that one :p

Nah, I have nothing against Basketball.

Don´t get me wrong, at first view it may probably appear that I tend to look bashing about certain sports but it is not true at all, I love/fan all sports :d That is just I rarely have the chance to watch them like a Basketball game for example, so when I watch it after a long time I always find it amusing how the last minutes took so long because all the countless timeouts and tactical fouls every 5-6 seconds on both sides :d

the only thing I would cancel is that crazy screeching of the shoes on the pitch, it drives me crazy. :d

Over, bronze medal for Germany, 4th, the worst place for Poland, but in case of these guys 4th place is huge success, we had chance for bronze as there was tie by a moment in fourth quarter. Thanks guys for big, unexpected emotions at this tournament, you did great job. 

Though next big event for this team will be Eurobasket 2025, as we failed qualify to second round of World Cup and in consequence we will miss also Olympic qualifications, probably some of these guys will retire until this time...

21 hours ago, rybak said:

Over, bronze medal for Germany, 4th, the worst place for Poland, but in case of these guys 4th place is huge success, we had chance for bronze as there was tie by a moment in fourth quarter. Thanks guys for big, unexpected emotions at this tournament, you did great job. 

Though next big event for this team will be Eurobasket 2025, as we failed qualify to second round of World Cup and in consequence we will miss also Olympic qualifications, probably some of these guys will retire until this time...

I still have a feeling we'll drag AJ Slaughter on court in 2025 again ;)