website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2022

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, hckošice said:

So today I made the effort to watch a basketball match. FRA vs ITA and I Can not believe what I just saw :p I purposely set my alarm to count the real tíme and yes, the very last minute of the RT of the match lasted almost 9 minutes :lol:

This is basketball after all. The final minute of a game usually lasts longer than the entire quarter unless the score is decided already.

Alright, :POL vs :SLO QF up next. We didn't play in the volleyball WCh so we play them in Euro Basket instead :coffee:

Edited by Monzanator

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

So today I made the effort to watch a basketball match. FRA vs ITA and I Can not believe what I just saw :p I purposely set my alarm to count the real tíme and yes, the very last minute of the RT of the match lasted almost 9 minutes :lol:

don't even try and watch the last minute of a close NBA game, then...:whistle:

normally, it takes 25/30 mins to be completed (in the NBA both teams have 7 timeouts each in the second half -and they usually keep at least 4 or 5 for the decisive moments- and they are about double time long compared to the FIBA habits)...

however, despite that, basketball can be really exciting and make you jump from the couch...but sometimes it can also be so cruel and make you cry and get mad because your team loses a match that they already had in the bag (any reference to this afternoon's game is purely intentional :cry: :facepalm: :nopompom:)...

p.s. tbh, I saw also some hockey games where the last minute of play took more than 10 mins of real time (and no fights were included)...;)