website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

And it's over for Reztsova and Germany somehow manages to win even with their current squad :yes Only nation to win more than 1 Gold in women's individual. This is going to be their third.

And this is what individual is all about. One event where shooting actually matters. I hope they don't kill this off anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Now german biathlon already overachieved. I am not sure whether Herrmann winning gold or Vogt finishing 4th is the bigger miracle. Vogt suddenly having superhuman skiing speed (at least in this competition) is extremely suspicious after she has been ultra slow her whole career. I might misremember, but i think it was the same with Hinz in 2018?

You still have to give credit to german biathlon for usually peaking at the biggest competitions (was the same in 2018 when noone expected 7 medals) and to Herrmann for saying all-season long that she focused completely on the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Now german biathlon already overachieved. I am not sure whether Herrmann winning gold or Vogt finishing 4th is the bigger miracle. Vogt suddenly having  superhuman skiing speed (at least in this competition) is extremely suspicious after she has been ultra slow her whole career. You still have to give credit to german biathlon for usually peaking at the biggest competitions (was the same in 2018 when noone expected 7 medals) and to Herrmann for saying all-season long that she focused completely on the olympics.

How old is Voigt?   

EDIT: i mean, i know, i can check that for myself. 

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:GRL Ukaleq Slettemark 20/20!!! :clap:

ah yeah the Gibraltar girl :lol:

Thanks god today we have the normal biathlon commentator (even if more ski jumping expert but still better than that football guy)

Just now, hckošice said:

ah yeah the Gibraltar girl :lol:

Thanks god today we have the normal biathlon commentator (even if more ski jumping expert but still better than that football guy)

Gibraltar? Inside joke?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.