website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

people should notice that this is the new boxing qualification formula. not just some font change

I found it very unfair for some continents :thumbdown: Asia wasn't "this" behind Europe to get almost half those number of quotas. and how the hell Oceania has the same number as the much bigger Africa. yeah I understand the smart IOC doesn't want to have 3rd place playoffs between bronze medal winners at the continental Games, it should be 2 or 4 quotas for each continent. but if 3 is not possible. it should be 2 for Europe too.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

people should notice that this is the new boxing qualification formula. not just some font change

I found it very unfair for some continents :thumbdown: Asia wasn't "this" behind Europe to get almost half those number of quotas. and how the hell Oceania has the same number as the much bigger Africa. yeah I understand the smart IOC doesn't want to have 3rd place playoffs between bronze medal winners at the continental Games, it should be 2 or 4 quotas for each continent. but if 3 is not possible. it should be 2 for Europe too.

Somehow it seems not fair enough but still acceptable because there are two worlds qualifications with huge amount of quotas more than any continent's. If you you are good enough, you should grasp the either chance.

38 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Somehow it seems not fair enough but still acceptable because there are two worlds qualifications with huge amount of quotas more than any continent's. If you you are good enough, you should grasp the either chance.

the whole format is OK with giving 3 chances to each boxer to qualify. I was complaining about how they distributed the continental quotas

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

well, imho we should split the weight classes till the Lightweights (where Europe should be treated like any other Continent, as there are more or less the same amount of good fighters in all the zones all around the Globe) and from Welterweights on (where it's almost only about Europe, with very few exceptions coming from the Panamerican zone and/or Oceania mainly*)...

*someone could say that Asia also has Nations like :KAZ:UZB and a few others, but to me those Nations are only competitive if they can benefit of corrupted judges...almost all of their medallists in the past have always been far away from being even decent fighters, reaching those results only because of...we know...:zip:

The 2023 Olympic Qualification Calendar is now completed and updated with all the known qualification events as of today :thumbup:

https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-calendar/2023-qualification-calendar-r1910/

Feel free to report here any mistake or missing events!

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

The 2023 Olympic Qualification Calendar is now completed and updated with all the known qualification events as of today :thumbup:

https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/qualification-calendar/2023-qualification-calendar-r1910/

Feel free to report here any mistake or missing events!

Belgrade will host the 2023 World Wrestling Championship instead of Russia (two years in a row in the same city ? surprise surprise) they still didn't change the dates but UWW said they are considering it since it will be at the same time as the Asian Games

Edited by MHSN

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Belgrade will host the 2023 World Wrestling Championship instead of Russia (two years in a row in the same city ? surprise surprise) they still didn't change the dates but UWW said they are considering it since it will be at the same time as the Asian Games

Thanks, it's fixed!

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

also full schedule (well almost full) about the Weightlifting qualifiers are available on IOC updated qualification PDF.

These events were already been added. Do you see any missing one? (do not check in the first tab, which is only for the direct qualification events, but in the month by month tab which is for all the events).

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

These events were already been added. Do you see any missing one? (do not check in the first tab, which is only for the direct qualification events, but in the month by month tab which is for all the events).

yeah I just noticed that and removed that part of my comment but that was too late :d

@Sindo you have 2023 World Shooting Championships as host TBD but Baku (AZE) will host the event from 14 AUG - 3 SEP

also I posted dates and host of AQT events in Handball in Handball Qualification threads. QAT will host the men's event and women's event will be held in JPN