website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

A total of 18 male wrestlers from Russia and Belarus qualified for the Olympic but considering IOC's recent announcement only 3 of them got the green light to participate. for 7 more IOC named someone else as replacement but IOC said nothing about 8 more quotas. indicating that those quotas might be reallocated.

personally i really don't know how this works  (and I assume nobody else knows) did Russia/Belarus sent a B list too ? and some of them didn't get the approval as well? I don't know if Russia/BLR sends a C list. is there chance for new names being added or not.

but assuming nobody else will be added, I took a look to see who will get the quotas. in UWW competitions, when one of the finalists is disqualified whoever (among bronze medalists) lost to him will be upgraded to silver etc. but this is a special case, technically nobody got disqualified, it's more similar to rejecting the quota. so the quota should go to the next ranked athlete. no problem about the 2023 World Champs and 2024 WOQT. but for the European QT I had my doubts who is going to take the quota. but then when I looked at the rankings, they made it clear who is 3rd and who is 4th. so I assume there are not much doubt anyway

:BLR Tytrin (57 FS) ==> :MKD Egorov

:RUS Sidakov (74 FS) ==> :CHN Lu

:RUS Zhabrailov (97 FS) ==> :UKR Archaia

:BLR Khramiankov (125 FS) ==> :POL Kosciolek

:RUS Lalaev (60 GR) ==> :ROU Arnaut

:RUS Kutuzov (77 GR) ==> :USA Bey

:BLR Maskevich (87 GR) ==> :GEO Gobadze

:RUS Semenov (130 GR) ==> :BUL Ivanov

it's kind of weird/stupid that someone wins a quota just because of having more CP (which usually means nothing) but that's how they calculate the ranking. :smash:

34 minutes ago, MHSN said:

A total of 18 male wrestlers from Russia and Belarus qualified for the Olympic but considering IOC's recent announcement only 3 of them got the green light to participate. for 7 more IOC named someone else as replacement but IOC said nothing about 8 more quotas. indicating that those quotas might be reallocated.

personally i really don't know how this works  (and I assume nobody else knows) did Russia/Belarus sent a B list too ? and some of them didn't get the approval as well? I don't know if Russia/BLR sends a C list. is there chance for new names being added or not.

but assuming nobody else will be added, I took a look to see who will get the quotas. in UWW competitions, when one of the finalists is disqualified whoever (among bronze medalists) lost to him will be upgraded to silver etc. but this is a special case, technically nobody got disqualified, it's more similar to rejecting the quota. so the quota should go to the next ranked athlete. no problem about the 2023 World Champs and 2024 WOQT. but for the European QT I had my doubts who is going to take the quota. but then when I looked at the rankings, they made it clear who is 3rd and who is 4th. so I assume there are not much doubt anyway

:BLR Tytrin (57 FS) ==> :MKD Egorov

:RUS Sidakov (74 FS) ==> :CHN Lu

:RUS Zhabrailov (97 FS) ==> :UKR Archaia

:BLR Khramiankov (125 FS) ==> :POL Kosciolek

:RUS Lalaev (60 GR) ==> :ROU Arnaut

:RUS Kutuzov (77 GR) ==> :USA Bey

:BLR Maskevich (87 GR) ==> :GEO Gobadze

:RUS Semenov (130 GR) ==> :BUL Ivanov

it's kind of weird/stupid that someone wins a quota just because of having more CP (which usually means nothing) but that's how they calculate the ranking. :smash:

So you have the same conclusion in this way of reallocation. 

Here one can find alternative 2 alternative ways of reallocation (including WW) discussed in detail in parallel thread. 

P.S. I wrote at the very beginning that UWW would produce a chaos in qualification... And they did it.

On 5/13/2024 at 12:30 AM, MHSN said:

details of men's freestyle quotas

there were 96+1 quotas, ( 96 + a refugee)

we have 39 NOCs (RUS and BLR separated) here

:AZE:RUS:USA
:IRI

:EGY:BLR:PUR:JPN:GEO

:UZB:ALB:KAZ:KGZ:CUB:CHN:MGL

:TUR:ARM:SRB:AUS:CAN:GBS:HUN:GRE:MEX

:ALG:POL:GER:BUL:SVK:BRN:SMR:VEN:IND:NGR:TJK:RSA:DOM:SAM

38 from Europe, 27 Asia, 19 Pan-Am, 9 Africa and 3 Oceania

by my count beside those 6 Russian wrestlers, 17 more Russians won quotas for other countries. (it doesn't mean the same number goes to Paris, NOCs can change their entries)

Officially confirmed by the IOC according to TASS - AIN entries in wrestling are closed. No more AINs.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Belarus?

Both russian and belorussian AINs. Wrestling entries for them are closed.

Edited by avlar

22 minutes ago, avlar said:

Thanks! Unfortunately we won't get any additional woman's quota. I would have preferred it over Ivanov's in the super-heavyweights, who has no chance to medal. But still, a plus one is a plus one.

44 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Thanks! Unfortunately we won't get any additional woman's quota. I would have preferred it over Ivanov's in the super-heavyweights, who has no chance to medal. But still, a plus one is a plus one.

You have some chances for quota with Miroslav Stefanov KIROV

Belarussian NOC announced that it will decide whether to send those athletes invited by the IOC to the Games or not.

They mentioned that according to their position only the athlete who won license must go to the games. Thus quota in M74 freestyle can become free.

By the wat russians wrestlers have a meeting on the 19th of June to decide to go or not to go. And they mentioned that dealine in the 20th of June.

So we have to wait several days to find out if mor free quotas will be available.