website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Sumit Nagal takes the last qualifying place in Men's Singles.

This article very clearly states that "For Olympic tennis, National Olympic Committees (NOCs) will have to confirm that they will use the quota places by June 19." so it is mere speculation.

Yuki Bhambri would be a better doubles pair for Bopanna, right?

2 hours ago, Pasolini said:

This article very clearly states that "For Olympic tennis, National Olympic Committees (NOCs) will have to confirm that they will use the quota places by June 19." so it is mere speculation.

Yuki Bhambri would be a better doubles pair for Bopanna, right?

Rohan Bopanna has already chosen Sriram Balaji as he feels Balaji is decent on clay.

Rohan Bopanna-Matthew Ebden pair faced Balaji-Angel in third round of French Open and the match went till 3 sets

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/rohan-bopanna-chooses-n-sriram-balaji-as-partner-for-paris-olympics/articleshow/110704806.cms

6 hours ago, evil betty said:

No, what I am saying is that the list is incorrect, it should be Kerber based on the qualifying criteria. She has more grand slam wins than Wozniacki.  

They've got it wrong in on the men's side as well - it should be Rafa and Murray but they have Stan and Murray. I think they've just been selecting the two highest ranked GS/Olympic winners, not looking at the criteria.

Unless they are already adjusting for protected rankings, but if that is the case, Rafa should be showing as Q. Which he isn't.

2 hours ago, Surlympics said:

Will they be treating the AIN as one and include four players with a mix of Belarusians and russians ? And are they able to compete despite not having the Davis cup requirements?

As with other sports, I imagine they will treat AIN as separate for Russia and Belarus.

I also imagine they will be exempt for Davis/BJK Cup requirements (pick one from: strength of nation, newcomer to rankings or historical participation. Or maybe they will just say this was a special case since the team is banned, but not the individual athletes).

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

As with other sports, I imagine they will treat AIN as separate for Russia and Belarus.

I also imagine they will be exempt for Davis/BJK Cup requirements (pick one from: strength of nation, newcomer to rankings or historical participation. Or maybe they will just say this was a special case since the team is banned, but not the individual athletes).

Okay thank you 

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Or they will just waive it because the Davis/BJK Cup requirement is more of a suggestion than anything else :P

But ya, either way, it would be pretty ridiculous to say Russian / Bielorussian athletes can qualify as individuals, but then ban them because they didn't compete in a team event that their country is banned in.

12 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Or they will just waive it because the Davis/BJK Cup requirement is more of a suggestion than anything else :P

But ya, either way, it would be pretty ridiculous to say Russian / Bielorussian athletes can qualify as individuals, but then ban them because they didn't compete in a team event that their country is banned in.

I can provide some details on this. According to the latest stetment by Tarpishchev (president of russian tennis federation):

MSingles: Medvedev, Rublev, Khachanov*, Safiullin 

WSingles: Kasatkina, Samsonova, Aleksandorva, M.Andreeva

2 important notes:

- he said nothing about doubles (despite of the high enough ranking position of Zvonareva)

- he remarked that this squad will take part if the athltes will be allowed by compete *

* by now we know about at least one case of russian tennis player (Khachanov) beeing accused of pro-war activity in soical networks.