website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Watching the GB trials this evening I see British Swimming have gone a bit nuts with their qualifying times for the World Champs - their qualifying time for the men's 100m was faster than the current British Record - so although we've had a few swimmers who have hit the official Olympic qualifying time, I don't think any of them will have hit the GB standard yet.

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Watching the GB trials this evening I see British Swimming have gone a bit nuts with their qualifying times for the World Champs - their qualifying time for the men's 100m was faster than the current British Record - so although we've had a few swimmers who have hit the official Olympic qualifying time, I don't think any of them will have hit the GB standard yet.

The qualifying times you're on about are there to "guarantee" qualification and will most likely only be used as an easy and fair way to decide who's going if more than 2 swimmers in an event reach the consideration times, which will be used to decide who's going to the worlds (even British Swimming are treating athletes that hit the consideration times as "going to Fukuoka"). We also get to choose up to 8 athletes who didn't hit the GB standard to go under the discretion of the Performance Director and Head Coach, with 30 athletes being the total limit.  

15 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

The qualifying times you're on about are there to "guarantee" qualification and will most likely only be used as an easy and fair way to decide who's going if more than 2 swimmers in an event reach the consideration times, which will be used to decide who's going to the worlds (even British Swimming are treating athletes that hit the consideration times as "going to Fukuoka"). We also get to choose up to 8 athletes who didn't hit the GB standard to go under the discretion of the Performance Director and Head Coach, with 30 athletes being the total limit.  

British Swimming have now changed it so there is no limit on the number of athletes with the consideration time who can enter.

Women's 200m breaststroke

:NED Tes Schouten (2.22,21)

Although she was already qualified for the OG, Schouten swam a really good time and Dutch record on day 2 of the Eindhoven Qualification Meet. Like yesterday, there was only one performance worth mentioning.