website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, dullard said:

There was some discussion about this over at SwimSwam around the time of Canadian trials and apparently you can't use an OCT if you're entered as relay only.

So relay only swimmers can't enter individual events unless they have the OQT? 

Just now, dullard said:

If they have the OQT and there are spots available why would they be entered as relay only to begin with?

Sorry poorly worded and a stupid and pathetic question. So would an NOC be able to get around a relay only athlete competing in an individual by getting them in via OCT and then also using them in the relay, or would that be too risky incase there aren't enough OCT spaces (basically wanna know if I have to change my list or not to include relay only/potential relay only athletes with OCT times)? 

14 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Sorry poorly worded and a stupid and pathetic question. So would an NOC be able to get around a relay only athlete competing in an individual by getting them in via OCT and then also using them in the relay, or would that be too risky incase there aren't enough OCT spaces (basically wanna know if I have to change my list or not to include relay only/potential relay only athletes with OCT times)? 

I'm no expert but I think you understand it well (bold). Personally I see no reason why relay only athletes shouldn't be allowed to compete individually if they have an OCT. 

9 minutes ago, dullard said:

I'm no expert but I think you understand it well (bold). Personally I see no reason why relay only athletes shouldn't be allowed to compete individually if they have an OCT. 

Ok cheers. I think it's best I leave the list as it is as it'll get clogged up with swimmers who'll most likely won't qualify as an OCT. But I'm glad you told me this as not only is it less work for me to do but I now know that only :GBR James Guy can compete for us in the 100m Fly instead of :GBR Joe Litchfield who I originally thought would do so. 

Swimming - Qualification Tracker - Totallympics

So if you take a look at the Totallympics swimming qualification tracker, I've updated each event to include universality swimmers based on the latest report by World Aquatics. Also included are OQT swimmers and potential OCT swimmers. Just ignore the athlete counts for now since I haven't updated that yet.

The list is only about 95% accurate due missing universality times from the last 4 days of the qualifying period (e.g. Mexico) and some NOCs not yet confirming events for swimmers but it should give an idea of roughly how many swimmers there will be in each event and who will be in them.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

1 hour ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Swimming - Qualification Tracker - Totallympics

So if you take a look at the Totallympics swimming qualification tracker, I've updated each event to include universality swimmers based on the latest report by World Aquatics. Also included are OQT swimmers and potential OCT swimmers. Just ignore the athlete counts for now since I haven't updated that yet.

The list is only about 95% accurate due missing universality times from the last 4 days of the qualifying period and some NOCs not yet confirming events for swimmers but it should give an idea of roughly how many swimmers there will be in each event and who will be in them.

Yu have :SVK in M 100 FS but it was confirmed that Duša will compete in the 50m https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/plenum-sosv-schvalilo-nominaciu-slovenskej-vypravy-na-oh-v-parizi-zatial-25-sportovcov

14 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yu have :SVK in M 100 FS but it was confirmed that Duša will compete in the 50m https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/plenum-sosv-schvalilo-nominaciu-slovenskej-vypravy-na-oh-v-parizi-zatial-25-sportovcov

That was one of the names I was confused about. He's still listed as competing in the 100m freestyle on the latest universality report and I don't remember him bettering his 50m freestyle time at the European Championships, so who knows? :question:. I just want the official entry lists to come out already.