website statistics
24 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Sure, I used Geng as a benchmark for international comparison since we don't have any way to evaluate how the Chinese athlete will fare against the likes of Dukurs or Tretiakov.

Btw do you have links for this results ?

I just knew the ranking from the news and Geng ranked 3rd. But I don’t have know the finishing time and the video is not revealed.

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Interesting. He's able to win in Europe, meaning that he's a pretty good slider with great adaptability. If two guys can beat him on this track, they must be top notch.  

Yin Zheng is like the 4th best Chinese with very few experience abroad, but it doesn't matter in the end. He's seemingly really fast at the start, if he can carry this speed to the finish line we may have a big surprise ...

Not that surprise for Chinese fans. Yin Zheng has fastest start in China also start time record holder on Sidulda. This advantage will be enlarged on home track given every contender is quite familiar with. He finished as second and Yan Wengang finished as first which is also not surprised. On previous national matches on this track, Yan Wengang usually finished as 1st and Geng Wenqiang even ranked 6th on the track. 

If it’s not the games at home, the quotas would be decided by world ranking I guess. But it’s a home games, so the quotas are solely decided by the performance on this track.