website statistics
Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted

Anyone get the impression that this was the IBU altering fans to the fact they have a video game in development? :p

I wouldn’t mind a good live results, course map, shooting stats app as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020
Posted
42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It was against Roeiseland....it's a miracle she stayed that close :d 

Hey, after Bailey’s miracle, nothing is imposible in US biathlon. (Also beat an unexpectedly good Czech on that day too :p, though Moravec was a bit more prolific than today’s bronze medal winner)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

I didn’t post it earlier, but I’m high key happy with Dunklee’s performance today. Clearly, I set the bar to low for the US team :p

If she could’ve just held her speed...what could have been. 

Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks to Rieke de Maeyer having some good results and, mostly that, Lotte Lie making the move from Norway to Belgium, tomorrow Belgium will make their mixed relay debut at the highest level :cheer: 

Together with in-form Thierry Langer and Tom Lahaye-Goffart, they might have a decent chance to not be lapped first :cheer:

What this will do is give them great prospects from Olympic qualification :thumbup:

Posted
29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Top-5 low key for USA in a biathlon relay at the moment. Jeez, why not ask for 'I would be able to accept a silver medal'? :p 

I want them to do better than expectations :d

Posted
29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing special, I assume. Most likely they and everyone around will act as if nothing is going on :p 

Just as long as they keep their guns pointed at the range...

Posted
10 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Yep, if the US gets anyone in the top 6 of any race, I would be ecstatic!

Top 5 in a relay or Top 10 (maybe 20 for the men) in an Individual would be enough for me low key

Posted
18 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

US goes with the expected 4

Dunklee-Egan-Nordgren-Doherty  this has been standard since the retirement of Burke and Bailey.  I would be estatic for a top 6, but top 10 seems reasonable.

This is our best chance to do anything special really. Probably the best relay we’ve had in a while, which is great since our men are so weak right now. I really hope one of the women can pull an absolute miracle at these championships.

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted
2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Clare Egan 20/20 and 6th.

@RobtheAggie  should be satisfied :p

Really happy for her :clap:. Her family is nice and dedicated. I can already hear her mom losing her shit :lol:

Posted
44 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Thank you so much.  I wonder here and n the US if Fort Kent still has an A.  Lake Placid and Valcartier in Canada might as well.  I would assume that Jericho, Bozeman, West Yellowstone, and Auburn, Can have a B.  There are a few note that if there is a C, they would have that.  Canada has around a dozen or so that host local to national events.

I wonder if Nagano has kept their venue up?  Also Beijing, (I forgot the actual name) would need to be A when it is finished.  

I appreciate the list a lot.

Sapporo could have an A. They hosted the 2017 Asian Winter Games, and the venue was meh, so I’m not sure. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Fourcade opening the bindings of both Peiffer and Desthieux who were face down in the snow. One of the big things I like about biathlon and cross-country skiing, athletes who are back on their feet who open the bindings of some (sometimes random) other athlete who's still lying in the snow, catching their breath.

That mirrors one of my favorite things about Cross Country (running). You could have an epic battle with someone to the finish, but despite losing/winning the mutual respect for the fight is a great feeling. Plus, I was always willing to drop everything for another runner in big trouble because I knew what they’d gone through, and it’d suck if there was not a single person willing to support them.

Posted
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

- Dahlmeier's top level debut, bringing Germany from 8th to 1st in the world championships relay

- Häcki vs Öberg at the 2016 junior world championships

- The 2016 Youth Olympics single mixed relay, China beating Norway

- Lowell Bailey's world title

This win is going on my list of all-time favourite biathlon moments.

That sir, is a great list. Those last two :wub:

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted
10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I see, for a single mixed relay. :d but, you know for a normal relay you´ll need 4 :d

Yeah but then you actually need 5 in case of injury :mumble:

Posted
4 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Come on, Fak! 

Always a risk when cheering for Fak around my family :p. If you just say the proper pronunciation a bit wrong...

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted
2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Varabei of Belarus comes out of spot 120 to take the lead!  Of the current top 6, three started after 112 out of 123.

Recognize that name from the Universaide :yes. I remember him being somewhat quick on the skis there, but his shooting is what kept him competitive I think.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meh :p Thanks for the attempt to stay awake though :d 

I’ve actually pushed through. I’m somehow still sitting here awake with about only 20 minuets to the start of the broadcast. Not much to film I’m afraid, but I’m invested at this point. I posted that earlier post too soon I guess (I got my times mixed up). I’ll do my best.

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted

I’m sorry, but I’m just too tried, and have some actual work to do tomorrow. Best of luck @brunamoura! Sorry I couldn’t help more @heywoodu

Posted

I’ll be adding my own commentary if none supplied (and if I haven’t fallen asleep by then).

Posted
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Since there's a big chance I'll be interrupted at work several times, I'd say yes (although of course 'need' is a bit strong, it's not a first life need). I would very much appreciate it though, at least until bib 11 has finished (starts at 10:32 and probably finishes 12-15 minutes later or so).

So, record Bruna?

Posted
19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Only one and a half hour to go, come on :p For Totallympics :cheer: 

Do you really need someone to record it?

Posted
25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Any chance anyone might possibly be able to record tomorrow morning's women's supersprint qualification - especially the first 15 minutes or so? Just in case I can't manage to watch it live (work, although I'll definitely try) and replay isn't available, which I hope it will be of course..

Being as the race starts at 01:30 here, I think I’ll have to pass this time.

Biathlon IBU Junior Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted
48 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

M... has been the code for Macedonia for a little while now

Moldova = MDA

Mongolia = MGL 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

I thought Moldova was MDA :d

I knew the other codes, I was just trying to help problem solve :d

Biathlon IBU Junior Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted
22 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Happy to see Croatia trying to rise in the scene with 7 athletes starting (5 boys and 2 girls)

5 boys and 1 girl for Bosnia & Herzegovina as well.

4 + 3 for Serbia

And quite a few athletes for M... what I can only think of is Macedonia.

Happy that we weren't reluctant and sent 5 boys as well, the extra funding this year is helping a bit. Only two girls though, so here's to hoping that they want to do biathlon until 36 years old so we can get a women's relay going once again during our Biathlon history.

M could be Moldova as well. They’ve had a few biathletes as of recently. Could also be Mongolia if they’re not on the list.