website statistics
Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022
Posted
5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Poland is basically playing the same way, a very archaic style from 1980s. However Lewandowski & Bale make them qualify for most of the global champs while Ireland doesn't even have that one world class player right now.

We haven’t had a world class player in 20 years :d

Posted
55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I swear I never wanted to win a match more than this in my entire life. mostly because of what happened in the first match (which was in unusual situation), don't care about the next match, to me they already succeed (that's just for now. I'm sure I will care in time :d)

that was a well deserved win and Iran should score earlier and missed so many chances but who could even imagine that Cheshmi of all people can even kick the ball from outside the box, let alone score a goal !

kind of funny that people were talking about Iran as the worst team of the competition. some of Welsh players were talking about the goal difference, yeah good luck next time.

I honestly thought Iran had every chance of winning this match. Wales are a very average side, similar to level of Ireland :d 

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023
Posted (edited)

Yesssssss!!!! Ireland are into the World Cup!! :IRL  :woohoo::clap::bounce: :cry:

First time our senior women’s team has qualified for a major tournament.

And the goal scorer from Donegal, from nearby village that suffered the terrible explosion tragedy this week!

I’m so happy for the team :clap:

Edited by OlympicIRL

If you needed a sign of just how far the English women's football team has come on in recent years, there is no better indication that this. A Scottish fan traveling to an England game to cheer them on.....

To cheer on Sweden of course:

@Grassmarket is this you? :d

Posted

Still think 13 spots for Europe is just too few... I know there needs to be universality and it's the largest portion of all the continents but it's getting harder and harder each time. Though I am just bitter that my country hasn't a hope in qualifying anytime in the next decades :d

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

It wasn't pretty but it was a point! A win against Slovakia and Sweden will advance.

Unless all 4 teams finish on 4 points. Unlikely but it has happened (World Cup 1994 is one I remember well when Norway finished bottom and were eliminated with 4 points).