website statistics

Amusan :NGR going home $200,000 richer :d (assuming it works that way…)

Edit: Nevermind, she only gets a meager $100,000 :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:GUA Luis Grijalva with some major TV coverage for his country in the second 5000 SF :p

35 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Fighting Q from Grijalva :GUA - do not remember any Guatemalan track runners, lots of race walkers.

He made the 5000m final in Tokyo. He hasn’t been on the international scene long though. I believe he finished his collegiate career last year, where he made some waves in the NCAA.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Media 800m took place this morning. A lot of athletics journalists I follow/read took part. Still trying to find out who won :p

Erriyon Knighton :USA became the fourth fastest person over 200m yesterday. He ran a wind legal (+1.4) 19.49

Athletics 2022 Discussion Thread
Posted
3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Ryan Crowser new shot put WR 23.38!  Millrose Games New York!

Perhaps not….

Just to confirm - Ryan Crouser 76 feet 8 and one half inches is a New World Record for the Shot Put!

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread
Posted
13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think this is becoming somewhat of a tradition for Polish athletes. I seem to remember a Polish male thrower doing something similar after Rio 2016. Definitely the kind of tradition I can get behind :hatoff:

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Anyone that knows: Why do the announcers say the leader is doing all the work? Aren't they all running at the same pace?

I don’t think the aerodynamic advantage is huge, but there’s definitely less mental/physical ware when following someone. It’s easier to follow than to lead/run alone.

14 hours ago, NearPup said:

(no joke the only time I've ever seen canooeing on American TV it was a non-ICF "extreme" canoeing race)

My wild guess is that this from the Go Pro/Teva Mountain Games…

8 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Still sad that this was the last 50km race. I wish we could get rid of the mixed relays and surfing and sport climbing, skateboarding, 3x3 basketball and other ridiculous events that have no business in the Olympics

In fairness, the addition of those sports doesn’t really have much to do with the 50km Race Walk being dropped. It has entirely to due with the fact that there’s no Women’s 50km Race Walk. Plus, the IOC also didn’t like the lack of technological innovation if I remember their report correctly.

The shot put podium is the exact same as it was in Rio 2016. Apparently this the first time a podium has been repeated like this.