website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Just now, intoronto said:

:PER ski federation okayed the athletes, but the NOC of Peru rejected them, saying "its too expensive". 

Oh come on. At least say so before the qualifying period even starts, so everyone knows they have no chance.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Men's Alpine Skiing Olympic races course setters have been announced...

Downhill and Super-Combined Event Downhill will be set, as always also in the World Cup races, by Hannes Trinkl (AUT)

Super-G will be set by Alberto Ghidoni (ITA)

Giant Slalom: 1st Run by Helmut Krug (SUI); 2nd Run by Frederic Perrin (FRA)

Slalom: 1st Run by Michael Pircher (AUT); 2nd Run by Stefano Costazza (ITA)

Super-Combined Event Slalom Run will be set by Jani Hladnik (RUS)

*It's not reported the actual Nationality of these coaches, but the team they represent...:evil:;)

:AUT team

WOMEN (11)

Stephanie Brunner
Katharina Gallhuber
Ricarda Haaser
Cornelia Hütter
Katharina Liensberger
Bernadette Schild
Nicole Schmidhofer
Ramona Siebenhofer
Tamara Tippler
Anna Veith 
Stephanie Venier

MEN (11): 
Stefan Brennsteiner
Manuel Feller
Max Franz
Christian Hirschbühl
Marcel Hirscher
Vincent Kriechmayr
Michael Matt
Matthias Mayer
Hannes Reichelt
Philipp Schörghofer
Marco Schwarz

Do we already have any idea which athletes are going to do the combined? I find this the by far hardest event to even guess who'll start :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do we already have any idea which athletes are going to do the combined? I find this the by far hardest event to even guess who'll start :d 

of course we don't know the Austrian coaches' decisions yet...

but my guess are:

Haaser, Siebenhofer among the girls and Hirscher, Mayer and Kriechmayr among the boys for sure...

then I think it's quite a lottery...probably they would make some trials when they are on the Korean courses to see who's in better shape and who's adapting him/herself better to those tracks...

however, my picks are Venier and Brunner (women) and Schwarz (men) to complete the rosters...