Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Xander

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    2,994

Well crap. That can't be good for IBU's development program for smaller nations.. 

Werloc    833

Team Lithuania has acquired the coach of Belarus B Team. Don't know yet if it's an upgrade or downgrade, but our women athletes were being beaten by his former athletes all season, so perhaps an upgrade? :mumble:

• Haha 1

hckosice    1,706

Darya Domracheva officially finished her career today

• Sad 1

Werloc    833
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Darya Domracheva officially finished her career today

Can't help, but figure that a lot of the decision power was influenced by Bjoerndalen...

Darya was looking great, potential winner of the crystal globe next season. I can't say that she was my favourite biathlete, nor have I ever rooted for her, but too soon...

Xander    43
Posted (edited)

Meanwhile Ukrainian fans started "leaving" our biathlon since the women's team had been headed by the Russian with a doping history :facepalm:

Semerenko sisters openly went against Merkushyna and Varvynets (1 day before their race at the Olympics) saying that the federation is unprofessional and those girls didn't deserve their place in that race even despite Valja flopped the final training/preselection. The team is still a divided mess with unhealthy relationships.

Both Semerenkos like the new Russian. Merkushyna and Varvynets have their own coaches. Since Uros Velepec has been fired, Dzhyma trains with the :SLO Slovenian team because his methods suit her well. She hinted at sisters saying that there's no team spirit and she hasn't talked to anyone in the team for a long time, even at the Olympics o__0.

Pidhrushna says neutral stuff but knowing her position I'm 100% sure she can't stand the new coach and what's going on with the team right now. She didn't go training with that group ... supposedly because of a minor shoulder injury ;)

I cheer only for Dzhyma, Pidhrushna, Merkyshyna & our men's team because the women's team is a huge disastrous mess.

Varvynets refused from a surgery meaning that she will probably never improve to her best level.

Vitaliy Kilchitskiy is back. Thank gawd that Russian dopingophile is not their coach - Kilya would physically assaulted him (not joking, I'm dead serious). But he didn't compete for a long time so I don't expect gr8 results from him.

Serhiy & Aita :wub:

CyRbhvy.jpg

Edited by Xander