Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Men's Football UEFA European Under 21 Championship 2017

MHSN    122

I feel sorry for Slovakia, :cry: Happy for Italy :thumbup: but I also can't blame Germany and Italy, one more goal could eliminate any of them, the last 10-15 minutes was shameful though. even though Italy had some serious chances around minute 70th.

btw why this is Euro U21 ! when players are actually Under 23 !! :mumble:

OlympicsFan    91
vor 2 Minuten schrieb hckosice:

lol the Germans celebrating :roflmao:

bitches..

Dont embarrass yourself ... who exactly celebrated?

Germany reached the semifinal without 11 of their best players. I didnt see anyone celebrating, but if they did, they had every reason, England for sure is beatable.

OlympicsFan    91
Gerade eben schrieb MHSN:

I feel sorry for Slovakia, :cry: Happy for Italy :thumbup: but I also can't blame Germany and Italy, one more goal could eliminate any of them, the last 10-15 minutes was shameful though. even though Italy had some serious chances around minute 70th.

btw why this is Euro U21 ! when players are actually Under 23 !! :mumble:

You have to be U21 when the qualification starts. UEFA wants that the same players who play the qualification also play the final round and if you are 20 at the start of the qualification you will probably be 22 at the tournament itself. The alternative would be to start the qualification with U19 players, so at the tournament itself everyone is really under 21. But then the U19 qualification would be for 16 or 17 year olds and the U17 qualification would be for 14 or 15 year olds ...

MHSN    122
1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

You have to be U21 when the qualification starts. UEFA wants that the same players who play the qualification also play the final round and if you are 20 at the start of the qualification you will probably be 22 at the tournament itself. The alternative would be to start the qualification with U19 players, so at the tournament itself everyone is really under 21. But then the U19 qualification would be for 16 or 17 year olds and the U17 qualification would be for 14 or 15 year olds ...

As far as I know in all age group tournaments in any other sport, when call it Under XX, players are under that age for the final tournament. not the qualifiers. the easiest solution is to simply calling the tournament U23 which makes more sense but I know UEFA enjoys to be "unique" and takes weird decisions.

hckosice    808
10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Dont embarrass yourself ... who exactly celebrated?

Germany reached the semifinal without 11 of their best players. I didnt see anyone celebrating, but if they did, they had every reason, England for sure is beatable.

yeah. congrats you must be proud of your big football nation. you deserved the qualification.

and yes they celebrated after the game. the whole team jumped after the final whistle with huge smiles...nothing new for German football just like in 1982.

but let it be I´m done with this..who watched the match know what I mean..congrats and good luck in the final games.

Henry_Leon    83

Unbelievable :woot::ITA  is still alive !!!

Back with on the pitch with the best players and won the match (Germany save their spot in SF...) 

Italy reach the SF thanks the "big help" from the :hatoff: Danish team (won against Czech)

Will  be against Spain :fingers:  let's go!!!

dareza    321

Rdiculus? Slovakia was robbed twice. First in 2015 and now again.

btw what players said after EC? @hckosice

Edited by dareza

OlympicIRL    501

Not much chance in appealing to UEFA when it is their stupid rules that allow for this kind of thing to happen. I really dislike these "best runner-up" rules just like we also have in FIFA World Cup qualifying where the second placed team with the least points don't even get a play-off. It is highly unjust, because the best groups usually have many teams who take points from each other and so the second placed team finishes on fewer points than a second placed team in a crazy easy group.

Many rugby competitions are equally annoying in this regard.

Gianlu33    375
13 hours ago, dareza said:

Rdiculus? Slovakia was robbed twice. First in 2015 and now again.

btw what players said after EC? @hckosice

Are you serius? After a lot of shot, two touching jokes... what about Denmark in 2015? C'mon...