Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

De_Gambassi    84
il y a 10 minutes, Майкл a déclaré:

if they wanted an African country to host senior WCh they'd probably choose South Africa

Yes Durban, most likely.

But again, the timing could not be worse for an african bid.

bestmen    277

USAIN Bolt has signed for Manchester United — to play a charity football match against Barcelona.   :d

in September

Melonade    4
18 hours ago, bestmen said:

USAIN Bolt has signed for Manchester United — to play a charity football match against Barcelona.   :d

Usain Bolt now ruled out of charity match after hamstring injury worse than expected :dunno:

I hope he'll do it next year :) 

heywoodu    945

One out of Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco will bid for the 2025 world championships. Whatever happens, that should 100% be Kenya, no doubt about it. At all.

• Like 1

bestmen    277
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

One out of Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco will bid for the 2025 world championships. Whatever happens, that should 100% be Kenya, no doubt about it. At all.

will be bizarre ,remember  much nations refused to participate at the last juniors WC in Nairobi
also Kenya has the most bad Stadium than the rest

heywoodu    945
2 minutes ago, bestmen said:

will be bizarre ,remember  much nations refused to participate at the last juniors WC in Nairobi
also Kenya has the most bad Stadium than the rest

It will be bizarre indeed. Seeing the insane atmosphere at the U18 world championships in Nairobi, where the big stadium was 100% full and cheering and dancing and jumping...and that was only for youth athletics! For a senior championships it would be by far the best atmosphere ever in athletics.

Of course nations would be much less likely to withdraw from a senior world champs than from a youth event. 

juddy96    65

The body of Peruvian Olympian David Torrence was found at the bottom of a swimming pool in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was 31 years old. :cry:

• Sad 2

vinipereira    118
50 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

The body of Peruvian Olympian David Torrence was found at the bottom of a swimming pool in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was 31 years old. :cry:

First athlete that participated in Rio 2016 who died. RIP

heywoodu    945
5 hours ago, juddy96 said:

Wow :(

On 8/15/2017 at 10:23, De_Gambassi said:

After Doha (low attendance high risk) and Eugene (limited seating capacity), I really don't see IAAF taking any risk with 2023. So most likeley back to Europe or Japan.

As someone who's going to eugene few years in a row already, i have NO CLUE how they will do it there, this is a small stadium, a tiny city, i have no idea how they can accommodate all the athletes, media and fans! every year i come there i look around and i'm clueless how they will ever do it