Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

phelps

Ice Hockey 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,054 posts in this topic

From all the WC titles available,  Finland is defending 2 of them. WJC gold and U18 gold. So odd :d

The prestigious Euro Hockey Tour continue this weekend with second stage, afters Finlands Karjala Cup in November the Europeans big 4 moved now to Moscow, Russia to play for the traditional former legendary Izvestia trophy now called Channel One Cup.

In day 1 of the round robin tournament. Sweden surprised the hosts and defeated Russia 3-1, for Sweden it is the first win, even the first points in this years Euro Hockey tour edition, in the second match Finland won against Czech Republic 4-2.

After Day 1, Finland and Sweden leading the tournament with 3 points, Czech Republic and Russia have 0 points.

In cumulative standing Russia still on top of the standing with 9 points followed by Czech Republic and Finland both with 6 pts and Sweden with first 3 points.

Tomorrow is scheduled only 1 match host Russia will face the Czech Republic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challengers,

This weekends international break is scheduled only one challenger tournament in Gdansk, Poland

today was the first day of the round robin tournament

Kazakhstan won against Ukraine 5-1 and host Poland defeated South Korea 6-5 after GWS.

Kazakhstan leading the tournament after day 1 with 3 points, Poland is 2nd with 2 points, South Korea 3rd with 1 point and Ukraine 4th without points.

Tomorrow the tournament will continue with matches South Korea vs Kazakhstan and Poland against Ukraine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other friendly matches to mention

Mens:

Norway Under 16 - France Under 16  5-0

Denmark Under 16 - Latvia Under 16  0-2

Womens

Switzerland - Austria  5-0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also to note, tomorrow will start the 4 nations tournament in Biel, Switzerland which will replace this year the traditional pre-christmas Arosa Challenge, this edition will be played with the host team, Belarus, France and Slovakia. in a mini knock-out tournament.

Slovakia will face Belarus and Switzerland will play France in tomorrows semifinals, the winners will play on Saturday the gold medal match and both losers will meet for the 3rd place game also on Saturday.

Men's U20 Div. I A  in Bremerhaven (GER)

(GMT +1)

13:00  Austria - France  3-4

16:30  Kazakhstan - Belarus  1-3

20:00  Norway - Germany  0-2

Men's U20 Div I B in Budapest  (HUN)

(GMT +1)

13:00  Ukraine - Slovenia  1-4

16:30  Poland - Hungary  5-4

20:00  Great Britain - Italy  1-4

Schedule  16th December 2016

Men's U20 Div II A in Tallinn (EST)

(GMT +2)

13:00  Croatia - Lithuania

16:30  Romania - Japan

20:00  Netherlands - Estonia

Schedule  16th December 2016

Women's Division II B Qualification in Taipei City (TPE)

(GMT +8)

15:30  Bulgaria - Belgium

19:00  Hong Kong - South Africa

day off - Chinese Taipei

This Lithuanian 1st line is very very impressive.

Women's Division II B Qualification in Taipei City (TPE)

(GMT +8)

15:30  Bulgaria - Belgium  0-6

19:00  Hong Kong - South Africa   0-9

day off - Chinese Taipei

Awful ! I have no words..Shameful play from our team... I´m very disapointed, I thought there some few really interesting prospects and several players worth to be selected for the World Championhips but no at all ! they are slow, atrocious, without any combativity.. absolute disaster, very bad choice of players for this tournament from the coach. very very bad. we can lost with Belarus but with some dignity and fight not like some frightened schoolchildrens with absolutely no interest about the game.

Slovak national hockey jersey is a pride and a honor. each player wearing it must fight with this pride and show it untill the end, this approach what demonstrated these dudes today has nothing with it. disgusting !

hope they will never be called to the NT anymore.

and they will be never for sure...

disgusting.

1-7 !!!

our historical highest defeat from Belarus...oh god what a shame...I will feel embarassed and ashamed for a quite very very long while now thanks those loosers :wall:

Men's U20 Div II A in Tallinn (EST)

(GMT +2)

13:00  Croatia - Lithuania  0-13

16:30  Romania - Japan  1-7

20:00  Netherlands - Estonia  2-4

Schedule  17th December 2016

Men's U20 Div. I A  in Bremerhaven (GER)   Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Kazakhstan - Norway

16:30  Belarus - Austria

20:00  Germany - France

*Belarus need only 1 point to qualify for the top division, if they will lose in regular time, Germany will be still in the game but the Germans will need to win in regular time against France.

**Kazakhstan - Norway is direct match for the maintain in this division, the loser of the game (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after over time/penalty shootouts) will be relegated next year for the Under 20 division I Group B.

Men's U20 Div I B in Budapest  (HUN)  Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Italy - Poland

16:30  Slovenia - Hungary

20:00  Great Britain - Ukraine

*Poland need only 1 point to qualify for the division I group A next year, if they will lose in regular time, Hungary will be still in the game but the Hungarians will need to win in regular time against Slovenia.

**Great Britain - Ukraine is direct match for the maintain in this division, the loser of the game (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after over time/penalty shootouts) will be relegated next year for the Under 20 division II Group A.

Men's U20 Div II A in Tallinn (EST)  Last Round

(GMT +2)

13:00  Japan - Lithuania

16:30  Croatia - Netherlands

20:00  Estonia - Romania

*Japan - Lithuania is a direct match for promotion, the winner of the match (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after overtime/GWS) will qualify for Under 20 Division I group B next year.

**Croatia - Netherlands is direct match for the maintain in this division, Croatia need 1 point to maintain in this division, Netherlands will avoid the relegation in the Division II group B next year, only in case of a regular time 3 points win against Croatia tomorrow.

Schedule  17th December 2016

Women's Division II B Qualification in Taipei City (TPE)  Last Round

(GMT +8)

15:30  Bulgaria - Hong Kong

19:00  Belgium - Chinese Taipei

day off - South Africa

*Belgium - Chinese Taipei is a direct match for the qualification for the Women´s Division II Group B World Championships next year. The winner of the match (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after overtime/GWS) will qualify.

Euro Hockey Tour,

Day 2 of the Channel One Cup in Moscow presented only one match. Host Russia defeated Czech Republic 5-1.

Russia, Finland and Sweden all have 3 points, but RUS played one match more, Czech Republic still without points.

In Cumulative standing Russia leading the Euro Hockey Tour with 12 points, Finland and Czech Republic following with 6 points and Sweden 4th with 3 points, Russia and Czech Rep. with one match played more.

tomorrow is just like it was today scheduled only 1 match, the traditional nordic derby Sweden vs Finland.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss 4 Nations Tournament,

So, About our prestations I already wrote few words above, but still I can´t understand and can´t believe what just happened today...this was one disgusting display which absolutely does not belong to our National team.

Slovakia lost to Belarus shamefully without any visible effort to Belarus 1-7. Historical highest defeat against this team...and will play tomorrow only for 3rd place against France. "Les Bleus" lost in the trans-alpine derby to host Switzerland 0-1.

so in the final tomorrow Switzerland will play Belarus, and for the 3rd place Slovakia will face France.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challengers,

The Only one this weeks challenger is played in Gdansk, Poland

today was day 2 of the round-robin tournament,

Kazakhstan won against South Korea 4-2 and Poland defeated Ukraine 5-1.

Kazakhstan leading the tournament with 6 points, Poland second with 5, 3rd South Korea with 1 point and Ukraine 4th still pointless.

Tomorrow last day of the tournament schedulling matches Ukraine vs South Korea and Poland vs Kazakhstan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly Matches:

Men´s

USA U17 - Slovakia U17  4-2

Latvia U16 - Norway U16  6-2

Finland U16 - Sweden U16  4-1

Denmark U16 - France U16  3-0

Women´s

Finland - Russia  6-2

Switzerland - Japan  0-2

Sweden - Germany  3-2 after GWS

Austria - Czech Republic  4-5 after GWS

Trust me you dont want be our hockey national team coach...this is the worst job in the world, I feel so sad for him right now, the pressure and critics after todays disaster is something I really don´t wish to anyone