Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,516 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Yeah! But everyone is missing... Maybe the guy from Denmark has a chance. He only missed one in the prone. Plakalovic from Bosnia also skis decently fast. 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you're from a small nation, this is the chance already to get a very good IBU points score in.. 

Maybe Greece or Turkey could come through. 

And as I say that Ustuntas misses 4x

The only thing that's missing is a scrollbar to go from the top to the bottom very fast, I'm gonna scroll myself a broken finger if it keeps like this :p 

I quite liked how you could get a good idea of everything from one place. But I'm getting used to this. Got a good layout now. :p

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I quite liked how you could get a good idea of everything from one place. But I'm getting used to this. Got a good layout now. :p

Yep, I like the layout as well now :d 

It's just a shame you can't "hold and drag" down anymore, or have a scrollbar. That goes much faster than only using your mouse's scrollwheel. 

Edit: Never mind, there's those little arrows to go to the top or bottom with one click :d 

Edited by heywoodu

In comes Martin Jäger of Switzerland with a clean prone shooting :) 

By the way, "pre shooting 2" is exactly the same as "5,5km" and "pre 5,5km" is exactly the same as "shooting 1" :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, "pre shooting 2" is exactly the same as "5,5km" and "pre 5,5km" is exactly the same as "shooting 1" :p 

Haha, really?

By the way do you know the cutoff of points that one needs to compete in the next trimester?

And how much time behind the winner is that cutoff? Just so I get an idea. 

2 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Haha, really?

By the way do you know the cutoff of points that one needs to compete in the next trimester?

And how much time behind the winner is that cutoff? Just so I get an idea. 

Interesting that you ask this, it made me look for the number of points and apparently that has changed quite drastically!

5c6cce786d.png

I am nearly sure last season it was 200 points...if they had these rules last season (they changed them during this year's IBU Congress I guess) Bruna's 244 in Obertilliach would have made her eligible to compete in the 2nd IBU Cup trimester last season :yikes:

The live timing isn't updating anymore btw, the storm must have cut off Norwegian internet? :d 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The live timing isn't updating anymore btw, the storm must have cut off Norwegian internet? :d 

Hah. Who knows.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Interesting that you ask this, it made me look for the number of points and apparently that has changed quite drastically!

5c6cce786d.png

I am nearly sure last season it was 200 points...if they had these rules last season (they changed them during this year's IBU Congress I guess) Bruna's 244 in Obertilliach would have made her eligible to compete in the 2nd IBU Cup trimester last season :yikes:

That's great! Hopefully this means more athletes. But how do you get 250 points exactly? Do you have to be a certain time behind the winner?

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

That's great! Hopefully this means more athletes. But how do you get 250 points exactly? Do you have to be a certain time behind the winner?

IBU Qualifying Points = ((athlete’s time/winner’s time)-1) x Race Factor) + Race Penalty

Race Factor: for Sprint and Individual competitions 800

Race Penalty: the sum of the points of the three highest ranked athletes in the top 10 divided by 3.75

The race penalty for all WC, WCH and OWG competitions is zero (0).

Earlier in the year I made this table so when I'm at the competitions I can somewhat easily check the number of points without having to calculate stuff on my phone all the time :p (and so Bruna and the Brazilians have a better idea of what they'll need)

ca7a8daa34.png

The colour coding is just a little random, mostly because 150, 180 and 200 are/were "important" lines :p 

I've taken 40 as race penalty here. In most IBU Cups last season it was something between 30 and 40 (at least for the women), but as it depends on who ends up in the top-10, it's always a bit hard to predict exactly. That's why I used 40, so in most cases the actual number of points will be a little bit lower. 

Vertical is the winning time of the race (as you see it'll only work for sprints), horizontal is the time of athlete X behind the winner --> combine them to get the approximate number of points for athlete X :d 

Live timing is back and Vetle Sjastad Christiansen has finished with...yep, that's right, 0 misses :bowdown:

Well then! Interesting! Good job!

That means since the winning time is over 25 minutes, anyone who is less than say 6:40 behind (pretty much everyone) has qualified for the next trimester already.

Partakov is going to destroy Fourcade if he keeps this up :p

9943539bf6.png